Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/27/09). "Press Release: USDA Boosts Food Safety Research with Purchase of Waters Acquity TQD System. UPLC/Tandem Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry System Intended for Veterinary Drug Residue Analysis of Poultry and Livestock". Milford,
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today that the United States Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service has purchased a Waters(R) ACQUITY(R) TQD System to develop rapid and accurate test methods for screening poultry and beef for trace concentrations of veterinary drug residues. The instrument purchased is for the USDA's Wyndmoor, Pa. research laboratory.
Farm-raised poultry and livestock often receive drugs to protect them from disease and promote their growth. Through ignorance, carelessness or deceit on the part of a small number of producers, poultry and livestock that enter the food chain can contain banned substances or legal drugs at concentrations that exceed maximum allowable levels. The need to obtain more information from a single injection is underscored by increasing demands on laboratory time and resources for reproducible, highly-accurate and precise results on larger numbers of samples.
Analytical methods that employ UltraPerformance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC(R)) coupled with tandem mass spectrometry can screen for more than 100 different drug residues at a time at concentrations of less than 10 ng/mL, a big improvement in speed, efficiency, and sensitivity over the traditional seven-plate bioassay method.
The USDA chose Waters ACQUITY TQD System based on criteria for a UPLC/MS/MS system with a tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry detector capable of 20 millisecond positive and negative switching, a feature deemed highly-important for multi-analyte detection of both positively and negatively-charged compounds in a single analytical run.
Waters ACQUITY TQD System features the Waters ACQUITY UltraPerformance LC(R) System (UPLC(R)), a tandem quadrupole (TQ) mass detector, ACQUITY BEH analytical columns, all operated under Waters MassLynx(TM) 4.1 Mass Spectrometry Software. The MassLynx Software includes TargetLynx(TM) software for targeted analyte quantification and the QuanOptimise(TM) feature for automated system optimization and method development. This UPLC/MS/MS system operates with 1.7 micron ACQUITY BEH Columns and is a true UPLC system for measuring concentrations of veterinary drug residues, pesticides, and other contaminants in foods and beverages.
For More Information
More information on Waters ACQUITY TQD System, visit www.waters.com/tqd. For more information on Waters entire portfolio of LC/MS/MS products, please visit: http://www.waters.com/ms.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, UltraPerformance LC, UPLC, ACQUITY, MassLynx, QuanOptimise, and TargetLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]