Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Waters and American Chemical Society Partner on New Sci-Mind Separation Science Training Program. From ACS Department of Professional Education, Sci-Mind Learning Community Is Designed to Challenge Chemists"
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||American Chemical Society (ACS)|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Person||Khanna, Rohit (Waters 201601– SVP Applied Technology before VP Worldwide Marketing)|
Today, Waters Corporation and the American Chemical Society (ACS) announce their partnership on Sci-Mind™, a revolutionary and innovative learning community designed to challenge chemists to continuously invest in their professional scientific development from the ACS Department of Professional Education. To be launched on April 2, Sci-Mind combines the best aspects of group and independent learning, peer knowledge sharing, and secure networking tools to offer professional scientists an interactive and engaging environment that meets their professional training needs.
"We at Waters® believe that laboratory science has the potential to solve the world's most difficult challenges, but only if those laboratories are filled by educated, skilled scientists," explained Dr. Rohit Khanna, Vice President Worldwide Marketing, Waters Division. "So supporting the ACS Department of Professional Education's new training program was a natural for Waters. Sci-Mind brings together the learning innovation with critical academics curriculum demanded by today's chemists. We are proud to partner with the ACS in support of Separation Science courses."
"Sci-Mind is the college course you always wanted to take. It is a revolutionary learning system that blends formal and informal learning that matches the way people really learn," said John Miller, Director of Professional Education at ACS. "Because it is so interactive and highly customized, learning is faster, better, more efficient, more cost effective and much more engaging and interesting. Sci-Mind is a quantum leap forward and we appreciate the support Waters has provided to help the ACS move forward."
Through a customized six-week learning solution, learners will set their own training plan, and upon conclusion be able to explicitly see which learning objectives and new skills they have achieved.
To learn more about Sci-Mind visit, www.acs.org/sci-mind
About American Chemical Society (www.acs.org)
The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization chartered by the U.S. Congress. With more than 164,000 members, ACS is the world's largest scientific society and a global leader in providing access to chemistry-related research through its multiple databases, peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.85 billion in 2011, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters is a trademark of Waters Corporation. Sci-Mind is a trademark of ACS.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]