Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Waters Announces New Reference Library for Metabolite Profiling by Ion Mobility Separations". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||Metabolic Profiling CCS Library (Waters)|
|Product 2||ASMS 2016 San Antonio|
|Person||Heywood, David (Waters 201606 Senior Businesss Development Manager for Omics Solutions)|
|Person 2||Haas, Karen (Waters 201601)|
With more than 900 Collision Cross Section Values, Metabolic Profiling CCS Library to Increase Researcher Confidence during Untargeted Studies
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has introduced a new metabolic profiling reference library for use during ion mobility mass spectrometry-based research. The Metabolic Profiling CCS Library includes more than 900 measurements of collision cross-section (CCS) values, which measure the gas phase three-dimensional shape of a molecule for an additional identification coordinate used to confirm analytical results. The library also includes more than 600 MS/MS spectra.
The library is included in Waters® UNIFI® Scientific Information System, the company’s unique software platform that combines instrument control and data analysis, visualization, and management of both chromatography and mass spectrometry results. The library is also available for use with Progenesis® QI Software. The new resource was announced at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) meeting.
The Metabolic Profiling CCS Library enables research scientists to accurately identify biomarkers in complex sample matrices when using ion mobility separations. A collisional cross section (CCS) value is a precise physicochemical property of an ion related to its size, shape, and charge in the gas phase. In untargeted metabolomics studies involving small sample amounts that are highly complex, researchers can use CCS values in the library to confirm identifications of endogenous metabolites and lipids showing statistically significant changes between different sample groups.
“Metabolomics and lipidomics are critical techniques for biomarker discovery and translational research, whether identifying endogenous biomarkers of interest for efficacy, or understanding disease progression. Ion mobility mass spectrometry is an enabling technology for performing untargeted metabolomics studies where the researcher wants to learn as much as possible about the underlying biology. Where ion mobility increases overall chromatographic peak capacity, CCS values improve confidence that a researcher has correctly identified a particular metabolite/s,” commented David Heywood, senior business development manager for Waters’ omics solutions.
The Metabolic Profiling CCS Library for UNIFI is available with the Vion™ IMS QTof and SYNAPT® G2-Si HDMS® Systems, high-resolution mass spectrometers that reduce the complexities of executing ion mobility-based analyses.
When used in conjunction with Progenesis QI Software, which aids in the identification of compounds that are significantly changing in a sample, the technologies enable researchers in biomarker identification to robustly and routinely mine complex samples with high coverage and statistical rigor.
For more information: http://www.waters.com/clarity
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, UNIFI, Progenesis, Vion, SYNAPT, and HDMS are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Karen Haas, +1 508-482-3363
Record changed: 2016-07-01
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]