Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/28/05). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Chooses IBM eServer OpenPower Server Solutions to Drive Latest Line of Proteomics Discovery Systems". Orlando, FL.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Waters Protein Expression System (LC/MS system)|
Waters Corporation announced today that it has selected IBM's eServer™ OpenPower™ 720 system to drive its line of proteomics discovery systems.
The IBM OpenPower 720 system will power the Waters ProteinLynxTM Global SERVER software platform -- an integrated family of tools for automated protein identification and characterization - and Waters Protein Expression Informatics - specialized software for the Waters Protein Expression System, a UPLC/Q-Tof™ MS system solution for (isotope) label-free quantitative proteomics and biomarker applications. The IBM OpenPower 720 system enables the multi-threaded, 64-bit capabilities of the ProteinLynx Global SERVER™ and Protein Expression Informatics to be fully leveraged on Linux® platforms.
"Our decision to use IBM's OpenPower 720 system was based on the increased speed, efficiency and productivity it brings to our key proteomics technologies, particularly in Linux-based environments," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Proteomics Business Development for Waters. "We are continuously looking to be more efficient and responsive to the needs of our customers. IBM has global reach and its products can help Waters provide the high performance tools that meet the demands of these leading proteomics applications."
"As Linux matures to support mission critical applications, IBM's new family of OpenPower systems takes Linux to the next level," said Brian Connors, Vice President, Linux on POWER, at IBM. "We are pleased that Waters has selected OpenPower as their platform of choice for its proteomics discovery systems."
Waters instruments for proteomics applications and biomarker discovery feature specialized bio-informatics software tools and are used by the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and research organizations.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
About IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences
The goal of IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences is to rapidly bring IT technology to customers and IBM Business Partners in the fields of pharmaceutical research, biotechnology, genomics, health and other life science industries. IBM is a proven leader in data integration, supercomputing, high performance storage, e-business and information technology services. Long-term projects at IBM Research Centers and the IBM Deep Computing Institute foster collaboration with life science companies bringing domain expertise and innovative technologies to the development of life science solutions. To learn more about IBM Healthcare and Life Science Solutions and IBM Business Partners, visit the IBM Web site at ibm.com/lifesciences or contact an IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences specialist at LS@us.ibm.com
Waters, ProteinLynx Global SERVER, Q-Tof, and ProteinLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
IBM, eServer, OpenPower, and POWER5 are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries or both..
UNIX is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries, licensed exclusively through X/Open Company, Limited.
(1) All statements regarding IBM's future direction and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice, and represent goals and objectives only.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]