Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA.
New Liquid Chromatography Columns Allow Scientists to Fine Tune Their Chromatographic Separations and Maintain Maximum Performance
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today expanded its CORTECS® Columns product line with the introduction of two new chemistries: Waters® CORTECS T3 and CORTECS Shield RP18. These new CORTECS column chemistries allow scientists to obtain more information per analysis and reduce the cost of analyzing complex samples such as biomarkers, natural products, counterfeit cosmetics, synthetic cannabinoids, veterinary drugs, drinking water, and vitamins.
“Today’s scientists want more tools for improving the resolution, speed, selectivity, and sensitivity of their UPLC, UHPLC, and HPLC separations,” said Doug McCabe, Director of Product Management - Consumables Group. “CORTECS Columns deliver the batch-to-batch reproducibility, robustness, and quality that customers have come to expect from Waters.”
When used with an ultra-low dispersion ACQUITY UPLC® instrument platform, the CORTECS UPLC 1.6 micron particle columns are designed to deliver approximately 40% greater increase in separations efficiency when compared to fully porous particles of an equivalent particle size. The highly-efficient CORTECS 2.7 micron particle columns are for use on both the ACQUITY Arc™ UHPLC system and the Waters Alliance® HPLC system and operate at lower backpressures allowing for the use of longer column lengths to improve resolution or shorten analysis times and increase throughput.
The CORTECS T3 and CORTECS Shield RP18 chemistries compliment the currently available CORTECS C18+, C18, C8, Phenyl, and HILIC chemistries. All CORTECS chemistries are fully scalable between the 1.6 micron and 2.7 micron particle sizes. The CORTECS T3 and CORTECS Shield RP18 chemistries are offered in 48 unique column configurations and are immediately available for shipping worldwide.
It’s All in the Chemistry
With different particle characteristics and innovative charged surface modifications, CORTECS Columns are suitable for use in a wide variety of applications.
CORTECS T3 columns provide balanced retention for polar and non-polar molecules when run under reversed-phase LC conditions. The increased pore diameter (120Å vs. 90Å) along with the lower C18 ligand density and proprietary end capping enables the CORTECS T3 chemistry to operate in 100% aqueous mobile phase without the fear of the phase dewetting.
Shield RP18 columns utilize an embedded carbamate functional group into the alkyl ligand which provides alternative selectivity for basic and polyphenolic compounds when compared to typically bonded C18 phases. The embedded polar carbamate groups act as hydrogen bond acceptors, and provide unique selectivity especially for basic and polyphenolic compounds.
For more information: www.waters.com/cortecs
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, ACQUITY, ACQUITY UPLC, ACQUITY Arc, Alliance, UltraPerformance LC, UPLC and CORTECS are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy, 508-482-2614
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]