Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/9/09). "Press Release: Waters Expands Empower 2 System Qualification Software Tools to Agilent Liquid Chromatographs. Software Qualifies Liquid Chromatographs Nearly Twice as Fast as Paper-based Methods". Chicago, IL.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Empower™ 2 Chromatography Data System (CDS)|
|Product 2||1100 Series LC system (Agilent)|
|Person||Khanna, Rohit (Waters 201601– SVP Applied Technology before VP Worldwide Marketing)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today announced an expansion of its liquid chromatography system qualification tool for its Empower Chromatography Software. The new Empower™ Systems Qualification Tool (SystemsQT™) which has been available only for Waters instruments, now supports Agilent® 1100 and 1200 series HPLC Systems in laboratories that have standardized on Waters® Empower software for enterprise chromatography data management. The Empower SystemsQT Tool reduces the amount of time to qualify Agilent HPLC's by 40% when compared to traditional, paper-based protocols.
As resource-strapped laboratories today seek to cut costs and increase operational efficiency, the Empower SystemsQT Tool gives laboratories a means to replace what are now paper-based and labor-intensive qualification/re-qualification protocols with a new standard for automated and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant qualification. For regulated laboratories with large numbers of liquid chromatographs, the savings can be dramatic. Streamlining the qualification process reduces downtime and increases instrument utilization rates as well as return on investment (ROI) while keeping laboratories in a state of full 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11, EU GMP (PIC/S) and 21 CFR Part 211 compliance.
First introduced in 2007, the Empower SystemsQT Tool is compatible with Empower and Empower 2 Software and allows Waters compliance specialists or in-house service or metrology teams to manage the automated qualification of Waters ACQUITY® UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) and Alliance® High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) Systems as well as Waters modular HPLC systems. A key benefit of the tool is that it tests systems in a manner similar to the way they will be used in the laboratory.
"Our customers continually look for ways to streamline their operations. Empower is now a standard across many of their operations, and with thousands of Agilent 1100 and 1200 LC systems controlled on Waters Empower networks, this extension of the SystemsQT Tool to the Agilent LC's is a major step forward in improving their laboratory efficiency," said Dr. Rohit Khanna, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Waters Division.
About Empower Chromatography Software
Waters Empower Chromatography Data Software is Waters flagship software product. It can be deployed on single workstations or as part of a laboratory information management network. Designed for laboratory-wide, secure, networked instrument control and information management of UPLC, HPLC, or GC systems, it acquires and processes data and allows scientists to readily create reports.
All Waters software is backed by an Enterprise Solutions group that provides customers with the highest quality and most efficient implementation of Waters Laboratory Informatics products, including strategy assessment, planning, hardware architecture recommendations, software installation, validation, training and full production rollout.
For further information: www.waters.com/empower.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, Alliance, UltraPerformance LC, UPLC, SystemsQT, and Empower are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Agilent is a trademark of Agilent Technologies.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]