Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS)|
|Product||Torus™ SFC column (product series)|
|Product 2||SFC 100 System (Waters)|
|Person||Mazzeo, Jeff (Waters 201005 Director Biopharma Business Operations)|
|Person 2||Murphy, Brian J. (Waters 200912 Public Relations Manager)|
New Torus Columns Meet the Requirements for Analytical to Preparative-Scale Achiral SFC Separations
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) expanded its Torus™ SFC column line with the addition of four new preparative supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) columns. The new achiral SFC columns are designed for purification laboratories scaling up their separations of investigatory drug compounds, natural products, or synthetic chemicals.
Dart Neuroscience LLC, a San Diego-based specialty pharmaceutical and research firm recently evaluated the Torus columns for the purification of small molecule drug compounds. “The newly-introduced Torus 2-PIC stationary phase eliminates retention loss and provides excellent selectivity and peak shape for basic, neutral and acidic drug-like molecules under conditions with methanol and 0.2% ammonium hydroxide,” said Gerard Rosse, Associate Director, Structure Guided Chemistry, Dart Neuroscience. “The 2-PIC column is a promising candidate in the search for a universal stationary phase for SFC.”
“Building upon our success with Torus SFC analytical columns introduced a little over two years ago, we’ve evolved the Torus SFC Column family to bring customers additional separations and isolation capability,” said Jeff Mazzeo, Vice President, Consumables Group for Waters Corporation. “Laboratories that have standardized on our Torus 1.7-micron analytical columns can now directly and easily scale their separations and begin purifying material on a much larger scale. It also gives anyone doing normal phase liquid chromatography a compelling reason to explore the many benefits of SFC including ruggedness and column longevity and greater separation speed while cutting solvent disposal costs and operating a greener laboratory.”
Torus Columns for Analytical to Preparative-Scale Achiral Separations
Torus Columns for preparative SFC give scientists the resolving power they need to speed method development and scale up their separations from analytical to preparative-scale achiral separations. Based on a new and proprietary bonding chemistry, the columns come in four different phases to cover a range of selectivity while being stable and reproducible ensuring day-to-day and batch-to-batch consistency. Torus 1.7 and 5 micron columns are available in four chemistries: 2-picolylamine (PIC), diethylamine (DEA), high density diol (DIOL) and 1-aminoanthracene (1-AA) and in a variety of internal dimensions and lengths, and are sold with the Waters SFC 100 System and other commercial preparative SFC instruments.
For More Information
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
Waters and Torus are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy, +1 508-482-2614
Record changed: 2017-01-09
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]