Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (7/20/09). "Press Release: Waters Introduces New MassTrak XE RUO (Research Use Only) Kit. Clinical Research Laboratories Now Have New Kit for Tacrolimus, Sirolimus, Everolimus, and Cyclosporin A Measurement". Chicago, IL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)|
|Product||MassTrak™ Clinical Solutions (LC/MS/MS)|
|Product 2||ACQUITY® TQD Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry System|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today introduced a new kit for the quantification of Tacrolimus, Sirolimus, Everolimus, and Cyclosporin A by clinical research laboratories. The Waters® MassTrak™ Immunosuppressant XE RUO Kit is optimized for use with Waters TQD System, MassLynx™ 4.1 software control and TargetLynx™ Application Manager. Not intended for diagnostic purposes, the kit can be used by research laboratories affiliated with university or urban hospitals that perform research associated with transplant centers. The kit is being introduced at the AACC Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo, July 19 - 23 in Chicago and is available from Waters worldwide.
The MassTrak Immunosuppressants XE RUO Kit features isotopically-labelled internal standards (Everolimus and Cyclosporin A) to facilitate accurate quantitative determinations. Each kit also includes calibrants and controls for performing up to 500 determinations. Coupled with the Waters LC/MS/MS system the kit can quantify the target parent drugs without interference from the drug metabolites.
Cyclosporin A, Tacrolimus, Sirolimus and Everolimus are the four most common immunosuppressive drugs given to kidney, heart, liver, lung transplant patients to minimize organ rejection. Failure to adequately control the drug concentrations within a narrow therapeutic window can lead to rejection of the transplanted organ or cause toxic side effects. The MassTrak Immunosuppressants XE RUO Kit allows laboratories to perform comparative studies against routine tests, feasibility studies or other research studies such as evaluating optimal drug exposure markers.
Increasingly, these drugs are being used in combination, and at lower concentrations. Analyzing these four drugs with one method and one kit enables laboratories to optimize their workflow and reduce operating costs.
For almost 20 years, Waters products have met the needs of clinical laboratories, transplant hospitals and reference laboratories in the areas of therapeutic drug monitoring, disease management, endocrinology, and toxicology. In 2007, the Waters MassTrak Immunosuppressants Kit was cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the quantification of tacrolimus in human whole blood to aid in the therapy of kidney and liver transplant patients.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation creates business advantage for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, UPLC, UltraPerformance LC, MassTrak, MassLynx, and TargetLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]