Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Waters Introduces First UPLC SEC Solution to Enable Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers to Meet New Quality Control Regulations". Milford, MA.
Industry's Only UPLC Size Exclusion Chromatography Solution for Monoclonal Antibody Aggregate Analysis
Waters Corporation (WAT:NYSE) today introduced the first UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) analytical size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) solution for the characterization of proteins and their aggregates. The UPLC solution combines the first commercial sub two micron particle for SEC applications - the new patent-pending ACQUITY® UPLC BEH200, 1.7µm SEC Columns - with the Waters® ACQUITY UPLC System to give manufacturers the ability to separate and quantify monoclonal antibodies (mAb) and their aggregates in less than four minutes, faster than with conventional liquid chromatography, and still meet FDA requirements.
Waters is introducing this analytical solution at the request of scientists seeking to apply the power of UPLC technology to the SEC analysis of proteins such as therapeutic mAbs.
"Since the launch of ACQUITY, our biopharmaceutical customers have asked us to bring the benefits of UPLC performance to size-exclusion chromatography," said Dr. Dorothy Phillips, Director of Chemistry Operations Strategic Marketing, Waters Division. "Overcoming this incredible challenge was only possible after much innovation and invention. Our new solution allows customers to monitor monoclonal antibody aggregation at speeds up to 10 times faster at comparable or better resolution than before, helping them overcome their challenges of developing novel biotherapeutics in less time and at lower costs."
Waters ACQUITY UPLC BEH SEC columns are specially QC tested with protein mixtures to ensure batch to batch reproducibility. In addition, each column features Waters ACQUITY UPLC eCord™ Technology that helps monitor critical individual column use parameters throughout the lifetime of the column - information that always accompanies the column.
Size exclusion chromatography is a proven technique that separates large molecules, including proteins and protein aggregates, on the basis of their size in solution. Waters new ACQUITY UPLC SEC solution makes it faster and easier for manufacturers to achieve high-confident data that meets FDA requirements for quantifying protein aggregates suspected of being capable of producing an immunogenic response in certain patients.
Expanding the Capabilities of UPLC Technology
The Waters ACQUITY UPLC SEC solution provides exceptional resolution for mAbs and their aggregates and is the newest application-tested solution added to the ACQUITY UPLC family. The ACQUITY UPLC BEH200 SEC columns are produced with the Waters Designed for Six Sigma (DFSS) Phase II ACQUITY UPLC column manufacturing process. This process produces superior long term performance by maximizing efficiency while minimizing column-to-column variability.
Waters ACQUITY UPLC BEH SEC columns are solely for use with Waters ACQUITY UPLC system and are available for shipping worldwide. For more information, go to www.waters.com/proteins.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters' technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, UPLC, UltraPerformance LC, ACQUITY UPLC, eCord and BEH Technology are trademarks or registered trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]