Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (1/14/05). "Press Release: Waters Introduces New Kit for Glycan Cleanup. Products Aimed at Improving Deglycosylation and Sample Cleanup for Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Glycans". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
Scientists faced with the challenging task of sample preparation and characterization of (native) glycans now have a new kit to make the task easier and increase MS ionization efficiency for direct analysis. Waters Corporation today introduced the MassPREP™ Glycoanalysis Kit and MassPREP HILIC µelution Plate.
Glycosylation is one of the most important types of post-translational modification (PTM) in proteins. Due to the high degree of heterogeneity, the characterization of glycans is a difficult task. The efficient sample deglycosylation is a key requirement for a successful and sensitive glycan analysis. Nevertheless, the quantitative glycan release (e.g. using enzymes) is rarely achieved, since the glycosylation sites of the proteins are often obstructed by the protein secondary and tertiary structure.
The SPE method using this kit is fast, efficient, and requires minimum sample manipulation said product manager Beth Gildea. The kit uses an enzyme friendly surfactant, RapiGest™ SF to aid in protein solubilization prior to deglycosylation, followed by a novel micro-scale hydrophilic-interaction chromatography (HILIC) solid phase extraction (SPE) plate (Waters MassPREP HILIC µelution Plate) for rapid sample cleanup prior to MALDI MS analysis using highly purified MALDI matrix (Waters MassPREP MALDI Matrix, DBH).
Waters introduced this solution at WCBP 2005: The 9th symposium on the Interface of Regulatory and Analytical Sciences for Biotechnology Health Products which occurred from January 9-13, at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, in Washington, DC.
These products are available for immediate shipment. For more information on this and other Waters chemistry consumable solution, visit www.waters.com/lifesciences.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.4 billion of the overall $20 billion analytical instrumentation market. Waters Corporation is a multi-national, publicly traded corporation (NYSE: WAT) and a member of the Standard and Poor's 500 index. For further information, please visit www.waters.com.
Waters is a registered trademark and MassPREP and RapiGest are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]