Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/21/10). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Next Generation UPLC and HPLC Columns. ACQUITY CSH and XSelect Columns Redefine the Widest Range of Selectivity Choices and Performance Enabled by Charged Surface Hybrid Technology". Milfor
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||S-Matrix Corporation|
|Product||liquid chromatography technology (LC technology)|
|Product 2||column (chromatography)|
|Person||McCabe, Doug (Waters 201611 Director Product Management for Consumables Group)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) introduced new ACQUITY(R) UltraPerformance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC(R)) and HPLC columns that offer method development scientists additional selectivity choices and improved chromatographic performance for separations using acidic, low ionic strength mobile phases. The three new chemistries will be available in fully scalable UPLC, HPLC and preparative columns and particle sizes. Waters will begin column shipments on June 21, 2010.
The new ACQUITY CSH(TM) and XSelect(TM) HPLC columns feature proprietary, patent-pending Charged Surface Hybrid (CSH(TM)) technology - the CSH C18, CSH Fluoro-Phenyl and CSH Phenyl-Hexyl chemistries - for the widest range of selectivities ever offered by Waters. When compared to LC columns currently on the market, these new UPLC and HPLC columns offer sharper peak shapes for basic compounds, faster column re-equilibration after mobile-phase pH changes and significantly improved batch-to-batch reproducibility for ionized compounds in acidic mobile phases.
Waters(R) new ACQUITY CSH and XSelect HPLC columns are available in 1.7 (UPLC), 3.5 and 5 micron (HPLC) particles and are ideal for HPLC and UPLC methods developed on the new Waters ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System equipped with Fusion Method Development(TM) software from S-Matrix(R) Corporation.
"Much like the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class system, we worked closely with key customers during the design of these new UPLC and HPLC chemistries in order to produce column products that provide business and scientific benefits across the widest range of applications," said Doug McCabe, Senior Marketing Manager, Chemistry Commercial Operations, Waters Division.
"By leveraging our unique Charged Surface Hybrid technology, not only were we able to redefine the selectivity map for method developers but we were able to create three reproducible, scalable, high loading capacity chemistries specifically for scientists who are working with simple, LC/MS-friendly mobile phases. For method development scientists, these new UPLC and HPLC columns, together with the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System and Fusion Method Development software offer separation scientists a powerful method development solution," he added.
The new CSH Technology-powered columns feature high-mass loading capacity for basic compounds and the ability to seamlessly scale separations between UPLC, analytical HPLC and preparative HPLC platforms. XSelect preparative HPLC columns utilize Waters patented Optimum Bed Density (OBD(TM)) column hardware (up to 50 mm internal diameter) for long, predictable preparative column lifetimes.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, UPLC, ACQUITY, ACQUITY UPLC, CSH, ACQUITY CSH, OBD and XSelect are trademarks of Waters Corporation. S-Matrix is a registered trademark of S-Matrix Corporation. Fusion Method Development is a trademark of S-Matrix Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-12-03
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]