Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/1/16). "Press Release: Waters New Symphony Data Pipeline Software for Personalized Data Processing". Milford, MA.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||University of Southampton, Proteomics Research Centre|
|Group||University of Southampton|
|Product||Symphony™ Data Pipeline software|
|Product 2||Synapt™ MS system|
|Index term||Univ Southampton–Waters: bioinformatics, 201606 supply existent Proteomics Research Centre is early user of Symphony Data Pipeline s/w|
|Index term 2||Imperial College–Waters: bioinformatics, 201606 supply existent MRC-NIHR Phenome Centre at Imperial is early user of Symphony Data Pipeline s/w|
|Person||Skipp, Paul (Univ Southampton 201606 Director of Proteomics Research Centre)|
|Person 2||Murphy, Brian J. (Waters 200912 Public Relations Manager)|
Driving Efficiency, Flexibility, and Creativity by Automating Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Data Analysis Routines
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today introduced Symphony™ Data Pipeline software, a client-server application for laboratories acquiring and archiving large amounts of data. Symphony software automates the movement and transformation of large amounts of LC-MS data to speed up analytical workflows and save time, reduce human error, and liberate scientists from the mundane yet necessary tasks associated with managing data files.
“Just the simple step of being able to seamlessly and automatically copy raw files to a remote file location while a column is conditioning, maximizes the time we can use the instrument for analysis,” said Dr. Paul Skipp, Director of the Proteomics Research Centre, University of Southampton. “Previously the mass spectrometer might stand idle for one to two hours while an operator copies data to a filestore in preparation for processing. With three Synapt mass spectrometers generating data 24/7 in our laboratory, this alone is a major advance.”
Symphony Data Pipeline can create efficiencies for laboratories in other ways too.
“We see great value in the modular nature of Symphony Data Pipeline. It allows us to rapidly develop and test new processes for handling experimental data, including real-time QC, prospective fault detection, and tools for ensuring data integrity,” said Jake Pearce, Informatics Manager, MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre, Imperial College, London. “Not just that, but it can save months of processing time and, in combination with noise reduction, petabytes of file storage.”
Symphony software allows scientists to “personalize” the processing of their UPLC®-MS data acquired by Waters® MassLynx® Mass Spectrometry Software. Once acquired, Symphony software executes actions against the data files. These actions could include moving the data file to a server; subtracting background noise; compressing, renaming and copying data; or running a series of executables on the data. Users can also design and implement their own set of data processing tasks. This series of operations, known as a pipeline, is set up by the operator and it occurs in the background as soon as the data is acquired by either a single PC, a network of PCs, or PCs connected to a network of laboratories.
Symphony Data Pipeline software is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7 (64 bit) professional edition operating system and is available immediately worldwide from Waters.
Symphony software will be the subject of a presentation by Dr. Paul Skipp of the University of Southhampton, at Waters Corporation’s Mass Spectrometry Users Meeting, Saturday, June 4, 2016 at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry meeting in San Antonio, TX.
For More Information:www.waters.com/symphony
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, UPLC, MassLynx, Synapt and Symphony are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy, +1 508-482-2614
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]