Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/24/10). "Press Release: Waters Introduces New Solid Phase Extraction Manifold. Positive Pressure-96 Processor Eases Sample Preparation Bottleneck During Drug Discovery and Development". Salt Lake City, UT.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Solid Phase Extraction (SPE technology)|
|Person||Murphy, Brian J. (Waters 200912 Public Relations Manager)|
Waters Corporation (WAT:NYSE) today introduced a new device to help drug discovery and development scientists improve the efficiency of their sample extractions. The Waters® Positive Pressure-96 Processor is specifically designed to perform solid-phase extraction (SPE) for analytes in biological samples using Waters 96-well Oasis® mElution Plate or the Waters Oasis 96-well macro plate. Using positive pressure for liquid displacement, the product produces consistent, uniform flow from well-to-well that improves the overall reproducibility of analyte recoveries, even in viscous samples. Waters Positive Pressure-96 Processor will be available on a worldwide basis beginning June 7.
SPE sample preparation using traditional vacuum manifold is carried out by applying a vacuum to the sample plate. A negative pressure in the space below the plate is created and the samples are pulled through each individual well. Problems arise when wells plug or when vacuum pressure across the plate drops as the result of uneven sample flow from one or more of the wells due to variable sample viscosity. As less viscous, fast-flowing samples evacuate their wells, vacuum pressure drops decelerating altogether the displacement of the more viscous samples on the plate. The result is variable analyte SPE recoveries that may negatively impact assay validation, and cause lost productivity, time and money.
Waters Positive Pressure-96 Processor features a manifold gasket with 96 independent ports - one port for every well of the mElution plate's 96 wells. Using inert gas, it applies a "motive" force of up to 80 psi into every port forcing the analytes in the sample through the well into a collection plate for later analysis. Regardless of the sample viscosity in the individual wells, Waters Positive Pressure-96 Processor applies just enough force through every port to pass the most challenging sample, resulting in more uniform SPE extracts and improved reproducibility of analyte SPE recoveries. Highly viscous or lipimic biological samples extracted by a 96-well plate will pass with ease and uniformity when using the Waters Positive Pressure-96 Processor.
For more information, visit the Waters Positive Pressure-96 Processor page.
To download the brochure, click here.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters and Synapt are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Waters Corporate Contacts
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]