Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Xevo TQ-XS, the Most Sensitive Benchtop Mass Spectrometer Available". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||MSSJ (Mass Spectrometry Society of Japan)|
|Product||Xevo® TQ-XS mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||ASMS 2016 San Antonio|
|Person||Harland, Gary (Waters 201506 Director Mass Spectrometry Product Management)|
|Person 2||Murphy, Brian J. (Waters 200912 Public Relations Manager)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today introduced the new Xevo® TQ-XS mass spectrometer, the most sensitive benchtop tandem quadrupole instrument available. Enabled by the newly designed StepWave™ XS ion guide, this mass spectrometry system features a unique combination of ion optics, detection and ionization technologies resulting in levels of sensitivity not previously seen. The Xevo TQ-XS is expected to be available for shipment in June 2016 and will be on public display for the first time at MSSJ in Osaka, Japan, May 18 - 20, and at ASMS in San Antonio, TX, June 5 – 9.
“UPLC-MS quantitative studies are more important than ever and factor into just about every decision made by scientists. Today’s customers need to carry out reproducible quantitative studies and reach lower limits of quantification with an instrument that is accessible to all users. With this new mass spectrometer, our product designers pioneered some ingenious electronic and mechanical advances,” said Gary Harland, Senior Director MS Product Management. “With a thorough understanding of the instrument physics, they’ve engineered an analytical tool that leads to new levels of reliability, reproducibility, and performance never before seen in quantitative mass spectrometry analysis.”
These new levels of performance have been achieved through a number of technological advances. The new StepWave XS ion guide removes neutral species and transmits ions in a more focused beam to the detector by incorporating segmented quadrupole transfer optics in the second stage. The result is a 2x to 10x increase in signal/noise over its StepWave predecessor, and it delivers excellent robustness over thousands of injections. The refined design allows the system to quantify challenging compounds at trace levels - even if they are labile or show poor transmission efficiency.
Customer experience has been improved through the introduction of the new tool-free atmospheric pressure ionization probes. These allow scientists to perform routine maintenance in less than two minutes meaning greater operator-to-operator reproducibility and more time analyzing samples.
The Xevo TQ-XS also incorporates the XDR Detector. First introduced on the Xevo TQ-S micro, it is a photomultiplier detection system capable of quantifying sample compounds across a concentration range of six orders of magnitude. Scientists no longer need to dilute and re-inject samples in order to stay within the limited dynamic range of the instrument they have been using.
UniSpray™, a novel, proprietary ionization source available on the Xevo TQ-XS, enables ionization of a wider range of analytes in a single chromatographic run. The result is an increased response across a wide range of compound polarities for a broader range of compounds accompanied by a boost in signal/noise, making it possible to consolidate several analytical methods into one, or eliminate the need to change ionization sources between analyses, saving time and increasing laboratory efficiency.
The Xevo TQ-XS system joins a portfolio of Xevo mass spectrometers including; the Xevo TQD, the Xevo TQ-S micro and the Xevo G2-XS QTof. Xevo mass spectrometers are characterized by their universal ion source architecture: interchangeable ion sources that can be fitted to, or removed from, the face of the mass spectrometer in minutes, without the need to vent the system. This has changed the way analytical chemists with little previous mass spectrometry experience working in high-throughput labs can use the instrumentation at maximum performance.
Waters Corporation will exhibit the Xevo TQ-XS system at ASMS at the Grand Hyatt Texas in Rooms B & C where it will also be the focus of several presentations at the Waters Corporation Mass Spectrometry Users Meeting, Saturday, June 4 in San Antonio, TX.
For More Information:
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, UniSpray and Xevo are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy, +1 508-482-2614
Record changed: 2016-07-02
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]