Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (7/13/07). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Groundbreaking MassTrak Immunosuppressant Kit at AACC. New Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Kit Is First to Receive Clearance from the FDA for Use with LC/MS/MS".
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||MassTrak™ Clinical Solutions (LC/MS/MS)|
|Person||Yelle, Michael (Mike) (Waters 201405 VP Consumable Business Unit)|
At the 2007 AACC Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo, July 15 - 19, in San Diego, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT, AACC Booth 2222) is introducing its MassTrak(TM) Immunosuppressant Kit for the monitoring of tacrolimus levels in kidney and liver transplant patients. Along with Waters liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry systems and Waters clinical service and support, the kit comprises a complete validated solution for transplant centers wishing to perform tacrolimus therapeutic drug monitoring. The kit, which recently received clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is the first commercially available kit specifically designed to quantify the immunosuppressant tacrolimus in kidney and liver transplant patients by LC/MS/MS.
The MassTrak kit combines quality controls, calibrators, an internal standard and HPLC column together with methodology that assures rapid, reliable, consistent and reproducible tacrolimus measurements. The kit introduction is a continuing demonstration of Waters commitment to solve a variety of challenges in the clinical laboratory.
"At Waters, we understand and recognize that for customers to realize the benefits of LC/MS/MS based assays, we needed to provide validated robust methodologies with FDA cleared kits," said Michael Yelle, Senior Director of Clinical Operations of the Waters Division. "With this introduction we can help make a difference in the clinical laboratory by providing turnkey methods that have demonstrable reliability, reproducibility, accuracy and precision backed by the Waters Clinical Service team."
For transplant patients, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) is required to manage immunosuppressant therapy by determining the optimum dose for the individual patient. LC/MS/MS is widely used today for these measurements but there have been no FDA cleared methodologies with appropriate calibrators and controls to enable labs to routinely generate high quality reproducible data. This kit will enable broader adoption of LC/MS/MS by clinical labs by ensuring the that labs can confidently perform the assays and generate reliable data
The MassTrack Immunosuppressant Kit is currently available in Europe, and will be available in the United States in the fall of 2007. Waters also has a variety of products currently under development that will continue to help make a difference in the clinical laboratory.
About Waters Corporation (http://www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) creates business advantage for laboratory- dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, supported by an expert customer services team, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.28 billion in 2006 and 4,700 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters and MassTrak are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
V.P. Investor Relations
Brian J. Murphy
SOURCE Waters Corporation
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]