Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Waters and NIBRT Researchers Generate Reference Library for Released N-Glycans Labeled with RapiFluor-MS". Toronto, ON.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||NIBRT (National Institute for Bioprocessing, Research and Training) (IRL)|
|Product||RapiFluor-MS™ (RFMS) Glycan GU Scientific Library|
|Product 2||Xevo® G2-XS QTof mass spectrometer|
|Person||Yu, Ying Qing (Waters 201608 Senior Science Manager)|
|Person 2||Rudd, Pauline (NIBRT 201005 Professor)|
New RapiFluor-MS Glycan GU Scientific Library enables automated data analysis of glycoproteins
Researchers at Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) and Ireland’s National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) have created a new integrated database called RapiFluor-MS™ (RFMS) Glycan GU Scientific Library that enables automated data analysis of N-linked glycans using the Waters® Glycan Application Solution with UNIFI®.
»GlycoBase-derived Glycan GU databases supporting UPLC HILIC and HILIC-MS analysis of both 2-AB and RapiFluor-MS labeled glycans are now available from Waters as integrated scientific libraries within UNIFI Software. Combined with the UNIFI glycan analysis workflows, these libraries automate the analysis of glycoproteins, including the determination of glycan GU calibrated retention times and assignment of glycan structures within those profiles. A typical system configuration includes the Waters ACQUITY UPLC® H-Class or H-Class BioSystem, the Xevo® G2-XS QTof Mass Spectrometer, GlycoWorks sample preparation kits and standards, and Waters HILIC columns for glycoproteins.«
This new library will be made available as an integrated database within the Waters UNIFI Scientific Information System and features UPLC® HILIC chromatographic retention time data for 177 N-linked glycan structures frequently associated with biotherapeutic proteins. After labeling the released N-linked glycans with the Waters GlycoWorks™ RapiFluor-MS N-Glycan Kit and performing UPLC-MS analyses, their retention times are converted to Glucose Units (GU), a capability that is especially critical to global organizations that run on different instruments.
“By combining an experimentally derived reference library with the ground-breaking sample labeling technology for characterizing N-linked glycans, scientists are now able to automatically and confidently analyze these important analytes at new levels of speed, sensitivity, and simplicity. The RapiFluor-MS Glycan GU Scientific Library is an important and logical extension to the RapiFluor-MS Labeling Kit," commented Ying Qing Yu, Ph.D., Senior Science Manager at Waters Corporation. “Driven by customer demand, the RFMS Glycan GU Scientific Library automates data analysis and provides scientists with more confidence in their assessment of the critical quality attributes of glycosylated biotherapeutics.”
The RFMS Glycan GU Scientific Library was jointly generated and confirmed by UPLC-MS and glycosidase arrays through a collaborative effort between Waters and Professor Pauline Rudd’s GlycoScience research team at NIBRT. Professor Rudd said, “We are delighted to announce the launch of the new RapiFluor-MS Glycan GU Scientific Library. We have partnered with Waters over many years to address key issues in the characterization of glycans for the biopharmaceutical research and industry communities. This new release will provide new levels of structural information in a rapid, sensitive, and straightforward manner.”
About NIBRT (www.nibrt.ie)
National Institute of Bioprocessing Research and Training, NIBRT, is a world-class institute, delivering training and research solutions for the global biopharmaceutical industry. Partnering with all higher education institutes as well as industry, NIBRTs state of the art training facility supports international best practice in biologics operations.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, The Science of What’s Possible, UPLC, and UNIFI and are registered trademarks of Waters Corporation. GlycoWorks and RapiFluor-MS are trademarks of Waters Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Karen Haas, +1 508-482-3363
Killian O’Driscoll, 01-2158100
Record changed: 2016-08-30
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]