Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/1/07). "Press Release: Waters and Northeastern University Open New Laboratory for Protein Research Focused on the World’s Deadliest Diseases. Partnership Combines Strengths of Innovative Mass Spectrometry Technology and Keen Resear
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Northeastern University (Boston)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Berthiaume, Douglas (Doug) (Waters 201509– Board Chairman before CEO)|
|Person 2||Engen, John R. (Northeastern Univ 200909 Prof at Barnett Institute for Chemical and Biological Analysis)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) and Northeastern University today opened the doors of the new Waters Mass Spectrometry Laboratory within the renowned Barnett Institute of Chemical and Biological Analysis at the University. The new laboratory is dedicated to studying protein shapes and characteristics to provide pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovators with the tools necessary to develop new treatment options for some of the world's deadliest diseases, like AIDS and cancer.
"There are people all over the world working on all different aspects of this kind of research," said John R. Engen, associate professor of chemistry and chemical biology and faculty fellow at the Institute. "What we intend to do is add a piece to the puzzle that will help researchers, scientists and doctors better understand these diseases and, ultimately, treat and cure them."
"The Barnett Institute is very grateful to Waters for its generous support," said Barry L. Karger, the James L. Waters chair in analytical chemistry and director of the Barnett Institute. "This cutting-edge facility will enhance the important work of Professor Engen and of the Institute as a whole."
As a demonstration of commitment, Douglas A. Berthiaume, Chairman, President and CEO of Waters Corporation, led a delegation of senior Waters executives, including Art Caputo, Executive Vice President and President of Waters Division, and James L. Waters, founder of Waters Corporation, at the laboratory opening ceremony hosted by Northeastern University.
"Waters has built its understanding of proteomics over nearly 50 years of experience developing and providing scientists with innovative compound separation techniques for laboratories around the world," said Caputo. "Northeastern University's focus on protein research and analysis to understand disease mechanisms at the molecular level is critical to the success in formulating new treatment options. Ultimately, we hope research from the new Waters Mass Spectrometry Laboratory at Northeastern University will produce the knowledge needed to cure the world's deadly diseases."
The Waters Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, named after Waters Corporation founder James L. Waters who is a member of the Barnett Institute advisory board, has been completely refurbished and equipped with four mass spectrometers including a Waters(R) Q-Tof Premier(TM) XE, LCT Classic, LCT Premier(TM) XE and Q-Tof(TM) API US which will be used to study protein conformation.
About Northeastern University
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in interdisciplinary research, urban engagement, and the integration of classroom learning with real-world experience. The university's distinctive cooperative education program, where students alternate semesters of full-time study with semesters of paid work in fields relevant to their professional interests and major, is one of the largest and most innovative in the world. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in six undergraduate colleges, eight graduate schools, and two part-time divisions. For more information, please visit www.northeastern.edu.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) creates business advantage for laboratory- dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.28 billion in 2006 and 4,700 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, Q-Tof Premier, LCT Premier and Q-Tof are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy
Laura E. Shea
Assistant Director of Communications & Public Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]