Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA.
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) announced that it will now offer Proteolabels, a new software that has been designed as an extension for Progenesis® QI for proteomics users and researchers. Proteolabels supports studies involving stable isotope labels, such as “SILAC” and dimethyl labeling in duplex or triplex. Waters® is offering Proteolabels through an exclusive agreement with Omic Analytics, an innovative start-up based in Liverpool, UK.
“Waters takes great pride in working with innovative research groups like Omic Analytics to develop effective solutions to solve customer needs,” said Dr. Steve Smith, Vice President Informatics at Waters. “Proteolabels extends the use of Progenesis QI for proteomics, a need for many of our customers working in health sciences, along with a growing number in food and environmental research.”
Proteolabels was engineered with a focus on performance and usability, empowering scientists to explore their data and achieve high-quality results. Features include:
> Co-detection: The workflow builds upon the Progenesis QI for proteomics co-detection feature, in which features are aligned across LC-MS runs to improve sensitivity and reproducibility.
> Auto-detect: Proteolabels makes a first pass through the data to suggest optimal parameters, simplifying the analysis.
> Peptide scoring: Proteolabels contains novel metrics for scoring the quality of pairs/triples detected, enabling users to measure the reliability of quantitation down to the level of each peptide.
> Intelligent protein inference: Intelligent weighted averaging of different peptide-level signals is performed, to give more accurate protein-level quantitation results.
> QC metrics: Proteolabels contains a large number of QC metrics and data plotting options, enabling users to interact and explore their data, and, where needed, make decisions as to how arrive at the best protein set.
“At Omic Analytics, we are very excited to be collaborating with Waters on this new venture. We look forward to seeing Proteolabels in action with scientists all over the world,” said Prof Andy Jones, Director of Omic Analytics Ltd, UK.
More information about Proteolabels will be available during a live webinar on March 28, 2017 at 10:00 am EDT.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical science technologies for laboratory-dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the Company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
About Omic Analytics Ltd (http://www.omicanalytics.com)
Omic Analytics is an innovative start-up, based in Liverpool, UK, focusing on cutting-edge products and services in computational biology – including multi-omic data integration, knowledge management and systems biology.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170315005032/en/
Source: Waters Corporation
Chris Orlando, 508-482-2623
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2017-03-21
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]