Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/8/07). "Press Release: Waters Corporation and Prosolia Inc Announce Collaboration. Firms to Develop DESI Source that is Compatible with Waters Mass Spectrometers". Indianapolis.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Prosolia Inc.|
|Product||Omni Spray™ DESI Ion Source|
|Product 2||LCT Premier XE mass spectrometer|
|Index term||Waters–Prosolia: ionisation technology, 200702– collab to develop models of Omni Spray Ion Source for Waters mass spectrometer|
|Person||Boscacci, Kevin (Waters Corporation 200702 President)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) and Prosolia, Inc. announced today a collaboration to develop models of Prosolia's Omni Spray™ Ion Source that are compatible with Waters® mass spectrometers.
The Prosolia Omni Spray Ion Source brings the novel technique, desorption electrospray ionization (DESI), to the laboratory. DESI is a simple, sensitive, gentle, and versatile ionization method, which allows for the direct sampling of surfaces without any sample preparation and under ambient temperature and pressure conditions. This technique is effective for not only small molecules but also large molecules, such as peptides and proteins. The Omni Spray Ion Source has applications in drug discovery, in situ analysis of biological tissues and other fragile surfaces, as well as in homeland security and environmental monitoring.
"We are delighted with the opportunity to work with Waters in making DESI available for their instruments," stated Kevin Boscacci, President of Prosolia. "Our development time will be cut in half by having Waters support."
The initial effort will be to develop an Omni Spray Ion Source for the Waters LCT Premier™ XE, an orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight (oa-TOF) benchtop mass spectrometer. The LCT Premier XE is a bench-top instrument with a range of powerful and innovative technologies for sensitive, specific and flexible compound identification.
The LCT Premier XE system's high sensitivity Z-Spray™ API interface, ion transfer optics and TOF analyzer is capabile of detecting very low-level components with full spectral information. "The versatility of the LCT Premier XE system makes it a perfect platform for developing the DESI source compatible with Waters mass spectrometers," said Michael P. Balogh, Principal Scientist at Waters.
Said Mr. Boscacci, "Once the design is completed for the LCT Premier XE we will quickly adapt the source for other Waters mass spectrometers."
This new model of Omni Spray Ion Source will be introduced at the 55th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry being held in Indianapolis on June 3-7, 2007.
About Prosolia, Inc. (www.prosolia.com)
Prosolia, Inc. was founded in 2003 to commercialize revolutionary analytical chemistry technologies, developed in the laboratory of Prof. R. Graham Cooks at Purdue University, which enhance and expand the use of mass spectrometry. The company's first product line, Omni Spray™ Ion Source, was introduced in November 2005 and utilizes the novel atmospheric pressure ionization technique, desorption electrospray ionization (DESI). The company has laboratories in Indianapolis and West Lafayette, Indiana and is funded in part by the Indiana 21st Century Research & Technology Fund.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies - liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis. These markets account for approximately $5.0 billion of the overall $20 - $25 billion analytical instrument market.
Waters, Z-Spray, and LCT Premier XE are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Omni Spray is a trademark of Prosolia, Inc.
Prosolia Media Contact:
John F. Graves III
Waters Media Contact:
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]