Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Waters and Protea Sign Co-marketing Agreement for LAESI DP-1000 Direct Ionization System". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||LAESI DP-1000 system|
|Product 2||Synapt® G2-S HDMS system|
|Index term||Waters–Protea Biosciences: LAESI technology, 201203– collab co-marketing agreem for LAESI DP-1000 with Synapt G2 + G2S HDMS Sytems|
|Person||Baldi, Alessandro (Protea Biosciences 201110– VP + General Manager before own consulting firm before PerkinElmer)|
|Person 2||Smith, Steve (Waters 201007 Sr Director MS Product Management)|
Partnership Opens Up New Possibilities for the Study of Biomolecules, Reducing Imaging Studies from Days to Hours
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) and Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. announced today a co-marketing agreement enabling customers of Waters® SYNAPT® G2 & G2-S HDMS systems to take advantage of Protea's LAESI DP-1000. The combination of the technologies enables laboratories to perform fast and direct analyses of biological samples.
Protea's LAESI DP-1000 system uses Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization (LAESI) technology to help identify biomolecules like metabolites, lipids, peptides, and proteins in native biological samples including tissue, blood, urine, live cells, and colonies. With little or no sample preparation, biomolecules can be quickly ionized and accurately mapped to specific cellular structures or tissue locations under ambient conditions. When coupled to high resolution mass spectrometers, the LAESI DP-1000 is capable of quantifying biomolecules as well.
According to Alessandro Baldi, Vice President and General Manager at Protea, "This collaboration will provide Waters customers an excellent tool for two and three dimensional profiling of tissues and for mapping the spatial distribution of biomolecules in biological samples. In addition, customers are able to directly analyze open well plates for high throughput applications on Waters mass spectrometry instrumentation."
"The combination of LAESI with SYNAPT's ability to separate isomeric species based on cross sectional area, using ion mobility, is particularly exciting and will undoubtedly facilitate discovery in this kind of complex analysis," says Dr. Steve Smith, Senior Director of MS Product Management, Waters Division.
Under the agreement, Protea will make the LAESI DP-1000 available to new and existing users of Waters' SYNAPT G2 and SYNAPT G2-S mass spectrometers running under MassLynx® control.
The technology is expected to have a broad range of commercial applications including chemical and biological research, surgical pathology, chemical and biological defense, forensics, and agriculture. LAESI represents a minimally invasive and minimally destructive approach to analysis making it possible to probe tissues and cells for their molecular composition in three dimensions and with changes in time.
The Scientist Magazine has recognized the LAESI DP-1000 as one of 2011's Top 10 Innovations of the year.
About Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
Protea (www.proteabio.com) is a leader in the development of new bioanalytical technologies that enable the direct analysis of proteins, metabolites, and other biomolecules. Its Bioanalytical Services organization provides expertise and innovation to support projects from concept to knowledge.
About Waters Corporation
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has created business advantages for laboratorydependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.85 billion in 2011, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
# # #
Waters, Synapt, and MassLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
LAESI is a registered trademark of Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results which are forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 955 Hartman Run Road, Morgantown, WV 26507 USA
Phone: 304.284.2600 Fax: 304.292.7101
Protea website: www.proteabio.com
About LAESI: https://proteabio.com/LAESI
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]