Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/28/05). "Press Release: Waters Protein Expression System Makes Pittcon Debut. LC/MS Solution for Label-free Quantitative Proteomics and Biomarker Discovery". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Murphy, Brian J. (Waters 200912 Public Relations Manager)|
A powerful new tool, the Waters® Protein Expression System is the first end-to-end system solution to give scientists the ability to quantitatively assess changes in protein expression while performing enhanced qualitative protein identification - all within the same LC/MS run.
"The aspect that scientists find most exciting about our new LC/MS system is that it is capable of quantitatively profiling that majority of protein and peptide components from very complex samples, without the need for costly isotope labeling strategies," said Tim Riley, Vice President, Proteomics Business Development, Waters Corporation.
The true power of the system is in its ability to efficiently and reliably compare thousands of like peptide components across very complex mixtures and efficiently detect and identify which proteins and peptides are either significantly up or down-regulated. This capability enables the researcher to quantitatively compare key protein expression changes from one sample to another, and search for potential protein biomarkers that may be useful in the early diagnosis of disease.
The Protein Expression System consists of the Waters Micromass® Q-Tof Premier™ Mass Spectrometer, the Waters nanoACQUITY Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC ) System, specialty columns, and new Expression Informatics tools for MassLynx™ 4.0. It is the first multiplexed instrument solution for exact mass LC/MS that incorporates instruments, chemistry, bioinformatics, methods, technical expertise, hands-on support and training and standard operating procedures to ensure a pre-defined and reproducible level of performance.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters, Micromass, MassLynx, nanoACQUITY UPLC, UPLC, Q-Tof and Q-Tof Premier are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]