Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (7/25/11). "Press Release: Waters Showcases Acquity UltraPerformance LC and Mass Spectrometry (UPLC/MS) Tools for Increasing Laboratory Efficiency at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry Annual Meeting". Atlanta, GA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)|
|Product||MassTrak™ Online Solid Phase Extraction Analyzer|
|Product 2||MassTrak™ Immunosuppressants XE Kit|
Waters Analytical Technology Takes Center Stage at World's Largest Clinical Laboratory Exposition
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today unveiled new technology solutions for increasing clinical laboratory efficiencies including the first CE Marked LC/MS/MS integrated solution for the quantification of everolimus (Certican®).
Being displayed in Waters booth #3136 are these exciting new products.
> MassTrak(TM) Online Solid Phase Extraction Analyzer providing automated sample clean-up, concentration, and extraction complemented by Waters® ACQUITY® TQD tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer for high-sensitivity quantitative analysis.
> MassTrak Immunosuppressants XE Kit -- CE marked in accordance with the IVD Directive 98/79/EC for the quantification of tacrolimus (FK506;Prograf®) in liver and kidney transplant patients and everolimus (Certican®)
This year, Waters is sponsoring two scientific workshops which are designed to further the education of laboratory technicians, scientists, and chemists responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining robust clinical assays. Each workshop features presentations from leading practitioners in the field of clinical chemistry.
> Good Method Development and Validation Practices for Liquid Chromatography -- Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Tuesday, July 26, 6 - 7:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Regency Ballroom VII. Featured presenters: John W. Honour, Ph.D., University College London Hospitals, London, UK; Kimberly Napoli Eaton, Ph.D., Laboratory Director, Andor Laboratories, LLC, Durham, NC; and Graham Carter, DEQAS Organiser, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK. Attendees at this workshop may be eligible to receive ACCENT® educational credit hours.
> Implementing LC/MS/MS in the Clinical Laboratory, Wednesday, July 27, 6 - 7:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Centennial Ballroom III. Featured presenters: Elizabeth L. Frank, Ph.D. DABCC, Associate Professor of Pathology, University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT; Shannon Harmond, Ph.D., Director - Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL; Paul J. Jannetto, Ph.D., DABCC, Associate Professor of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Waters scientists and customers will be presenting several scientific posters at AACC including:
> Everolimus Measurement: Evaluating the Waters MassTrak Immunosuppressant XE Kit for use with LC/MS/MS
> Development of a Rapid Quantitative/Semi-Quantitative LC/MS/MS Method to Monitor Opioids and Glucuronide Metabolites
> Measurement of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 and C3-epi-25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 Using UPLC/MS/MS in Pediatric and Adult Populations
> Evaluation of LC/MS/MS Scrambling Ratios for Deuterium-Labeled Vitamin D Metabolites, Steroids and Other Compounds of Clinical Significance
> Development of an LC/MS/MS Method for 1,25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D for Use in the Clinical Laboratory
About Waters Clinical Business Operations
Working with clinical and forensic toxicology laboratories around the world, Waters has pioneered an integrated portfolio of MassTrak Solutions that include separations science, mass spectrometry, consumables, laboratory information management software, services and application support. Waters' comprehensive approach optimizes the implementation of LC/MS/MS assays in the laboratory. MassTrak Solutions bring the power of Waters technologies, including tandem mass spectrometry, in easy-to-use cost effective packages addressing therapeutic drug monitoring for everolimus and tacrolimus and for forensic toxicology. Waters innovations and laboratory solutions provide improved accuracy and precision for laboratory assays that help ensure quality results. Waters is committed to helping laboratories deliver quality results with improved levels of sample throughput, shortened turnaround times as well as increased sensitivity, specificity and flexibility.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.64 billion in 2010 and 5,400 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, MassTrak, and ACQUITY are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Prograf is a registered trademark of Astellas Pharma. Certican is a registered trademark of Novartis AG.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]