Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (4/1/05). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Co-sponsors first International Forum Focused on Screening Environmental and Food Samples. Dr. Damià Barceló to Chair Two-Day Event on Emerging Analytical Technologies". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
The 1st International Workshop on Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry for Screening and Trace Level Quantification in Environmental and Food Samples will be held from June 20-21st at the Institut d'Estudis Catalans (Catalan Academy of Sciences and Arts) in Barcelona, Spain. The lead corporate sponsor for this event is Waters Corporation. The workshop is open to scientists interested in applying the latest in analytical technology to the analysis of toxic compounds in drinking water, food, and soil.
Chairing the workshop is Dr. Damià Barceló, a global expert on pesticides and environmental pollutants. Currently a Full Research Professor at the Chemical and Environmental Research Institute of Barcelona (since 1999), Dr. Barceló presides over its Environmental Chemistry Department. He is the author of 350 scientific papers, and sits on the editorial boards of several journals such as Journal Of Chromatography A, Analytical Bioanalytical Chemistry, The Analyst, Talanta and Chromatographia. Besides his academic and writing credentials, Dr. Barceló is at the forefront of investigating emerging contaminants not subject to legislation. He is a coordinator of the EU Western Balkans-INCO project EMCO on Emerging Contaminants and advises policy makers such as water authorities from Catalonia, Spain and Portugal on the implementation of water and sediment quality. Since 2002, he has held the position of Vice-President of the Science and Technology Section of Institut d´Estudis Catalans.
Workshop Emphasizes Information Exchange and Awareness
Detecting whether toxic compounds reside in drinking water, food and the soil requires constant vigilance. Scientists rely on their analytical instruments to deliver the sensitivity, specificity and confirmation of complex samples to confirm whether or not contaminants exist. However, the variety and sophistication of various solutions in this burgeoning market calls for awareness on the latest detection methods and when to use them.
The purpose of the workshop is to gather together influencers throughout the world to focus on tandem mass spectrometry for environmental and food safety applications. Scientists will hear presentations on the usefulness of tandem mass spectrometry to screen and quantify pesticide residues in agricultural commodities, drinking and surfaces water and soil. The following topics will be addressed:
– Use of tandem quadrupoles and Q-Tof™ mass spectrometers in the quantitative determinations of target analytes in complex environmental and food samples
– Use of accurate mass in the determination of analytes by LC-MS
– Ion suppression of compounds of interest in complex wastewater and food matrices
– Advanced sample preparation technologies for food and environmental analysis
For more information about the workshop including registration and call for papers, please click on: www.cid.csic.es. For more information on Waters Industrial solutions including environmental, food safety and beverage, polymers, food safety and nutraceuticals, please visit: www.waters.com/industrial.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies - liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis. These markets account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20 + billion analytical instrument market.
Waters is registered trademark and Q-Tof is a trademark of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]