Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (4/13/05). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Summit Highlights LC/MS/MS Solution to Make Food Imports and Exports Safer Around the World". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
As world markets become more interdependent and populations grow, more and more food is being exported from countries that struggle to comply with food safety regulations and controls. At the same time people living in importing countries rely on government safeguards to protect them from impurities in produce and livestock. Any tip in the scales can cause alarming consequences so both parties have a common interest in clean, safe food.
Government agencies charted with protecting the food supply are turning to the latest in analytical technology to test crops, seafood and farm animals. One of the most common contaminants on the watch list is residues from pesticides and veterinary drugs in animals, shellfish and produce. Solutions are called for that set new standards in the detection of these contaminants.
In its standing as a leader in food safety analysis, Waters Corporation will hold a Food Safety Summit from April 18-21 in Manchester, United Kingdom. An invitation-only audience of industry leaders will learn more about Waters' food safety solutions that are used to detect pesticides, veterinary drugs and even pollutants at lower levels than ever before. Waters executives and senior staff will present on the following topics:
– Practical Considerations for Food Safety Analysis
– Multi-residue pesticide analysis by LC/MS/MS and GC/MS/MS
– Analysis of Veterinary Drug Residues by LC/MS/MS and LC/MS/MS
– Analysis of Dioxins and related POPs using GC/MS and GC/MS/MS
– Waters® Chemistry Solutions for Food Safety
In addition, two outside experts from Europe will also speak.
– Paul Young from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK who will discuss
– Veterinary Drug Residues and EU Legislation." Dr. Young travels extensively to Asia and Latin American and regularly advises laboratories on food testing and EU regulations
– Martien Spanjer, Inspectorate for Health Protection (VWA), Amsterdam, Netherlands who will talk on "Analysis of Mycotoxins using LC/MS/MS." Dr. Spanjer is an expert in the subject of mycotoxin analysis
For more information on Waters Industrial solutions including environmental, food safety and beverage, polymers, food safety and nutraceuticals, please visit: www.waters.com/industrial.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.4 billion of the overall $20 billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters is a registered trademark of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]