Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (10/15/08). "Press Release: David H. Murdoch Research Institute Taps Waters for Laboratory Technology. Strategic Partnership Provides Advanced Technology for Groundbreaking Nutrition and Disease Research". Kannapolis, NC & Milford, MA
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||DHMRI (David H. Murdock Research Institute)|
|Product||Synapt™ HDMS system|
|Product 2||Quattro Premier™ XE tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer (Waters/Micromass)|
|Index term||DHMRI–Waters: analytical instruments, 200810– supply Waters selected as primary supplier for analytical solutions incl MS + LC + related s/w|
|Index term 2||DHMRI–Waters: mass spectrometer, 200810 supply DHMRI purchased a number of Waters SYNAPT High Definition mass spectrometers|
|Person||Caputo, Arthur G. (Art) (Waters 200903 Division President joined Waters 1977 + RETIRED end 2016)|
The David H. Murdock Research Institute (DHMRI), located at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, and Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today that Waters(R) has been selected as the institute's primary supplier of analytical science solutions, including mass spectrometers, liquid chromatographs and associated scientific data management software.
"We selected Waters as a partner based on their breakthrough technologies and hands-on approach to customer service. The equipment that we've purchased from Waters is recognized as the most sophisticated laboratory equipment available," said David H. Murdock, DHMRI founder. "This large purchase continues the momentum we're building as a cutting-edge research facility sought after by some of the nation's brightest scientists, and positions us well for the future."
The new laboratory instrumentation will enable DHMRI's research programs in the areas of nutrition science and disease prevention and provide state-of the-art capabilities in proteomics research and metabolic profiling, among other key application areas
"Our respective organizations have a similar focus on pushing the limits of scientific discovery and productivity, as well as collaboration," said Art Caputo, Executive Vice President and President of the Waters Division. "As with all our partners, we are pleased to be working closely with DHMRI to help make scientific discovery at the facility possible."
Among the new mass spectrometers purchased by DHMRI are a number of Waters(R) SYNAPT(TM) High Definition Mass Spectrometers -- the first commercially-available mass spectrometer with the ability to analyze ions by their size, shape and charge in addition to mass -- as well as the Waters Quattro Premier(TM) XE and ACQUITY(R) SQD systems. DHMRI also purchased several ACQUITY UltraPerformance liquid chromatography (UPLC(R)) systems as their preferred inlet to the Institute's mass spectrometers.
About the David H. Murdock Research Institute
The David H. Murdock Research Institute was established as a public charity to support groundbreaking research at the North Carolina Research Campus. Funded through a private grant by David H. Murdock, DHMRI will host the world's top talent and resources - and promote a level of scientific collaboration never before possible. DHMRI is the first of its kind, housing a unique collection of state-of-the-art instrumentation in one central location.
For more information visit www.dhmri.org.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.47 billion in 2007 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
For more information visit www.waters.com.
Waters, ACQUITY, UPLC, Synapt, and Quattro Premier XE are trademarks of
Brian J. Murphy
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]