Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/23/07). "Press Release: Waters and China State Environmental Protection Agency Target Persistent Organic Pollutants. Partiers Sign Agreement to Support Construction of China’s »Dioxin Laboratories Monitoring Network«". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||China (govt)|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
|Person||Cassis, Eugene G. (Gene) (Waters 201506 CFO before VP Investor Relations + VP Worldwide Business Development)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today announced it signed an agreement with the China State Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) to supply its innovative analytical and monitoring laboratory equipment for the construction of China's Dioxin Laboratories and Monitoring Network. The agreement was signed today in Chicago as part of the Forum on Chinese Trade and Investment hosted by the Council of Great Lakes Governors.
"We are delighted to be partnering with SEPA to bring our keen laboratory understanding and advanced technology to assist China on the creation of its Dioxin Laboratories and Monitoring Network," said Dr. James Willis, Sr. Director, Chemical Analysis, for Waters Division of Waters Corporation. "These new dioxin laboratories are a significant step forward in China's environmental protection efforts, and will ultimately result in improved environmental health for its people."
To counteract the serious and prevalent problem of dioxins and persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in its food, water and soil, China is seeking the ability to test for them on a regular basis. SEPA chose Waters to assist in establishing a countrywide network of laboratories dedicated to the testing of dioxins. Dioxins are a worldwide problem and are found in the environment and food chain and must be monitored regularly to protect human health.
For nearly 50 years, including more than 25 years of experience in China, Waters has been a world-leading partner helping customers and governmental agencies. Starting in 2003, Waters began working with SEPA to help China solve their most challenging environmental issues by raising environmental compliance and standards.
On June 21, 2006, Waters Corporation announced collaborations with the China Municipal Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Beijing Municipal Center for Disease Prevention and Control and The Research Center for Eco- Environmental Sciences of the Chinese Academy of Sciences to provide technology and expertise for food safety analysis and environmental regulatory compliance.
About Waters Corporation (http://www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation creates business advantage for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.28 billion in 2006 and 4,700 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Investor and Media Contacts:
For Waters Corporation:
Gene Cassis - Vice President, Investor Relations
Jeff Tarmy - Manager, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]