Document › Details
Tecan Group Ltd.. (10/8/09). "Press Release: Waters and Tecan Join Forces to Provide Automated Amino Acid Analysis. Industry Leaders Agree to Co-market System Solutions Combining UPLC and Automated Sample Derivatization". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Tecan Group Ltd. (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN)|
|Product||Freedom EVO® platform|
|Product 2||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
|Person||Goffredo, Mary Ellen (Waters 201203 Senior Director of Systems Marketing)|
|Person 2||Moore, Kevin (Tecan 201011 Director Market and Application Management for BioPharma)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) and Tecan Group AG (SIX Swiss Exchange: TECN) announced today their intent to co-market a new automated sample preparation system for the analysis of amino acids. The system, based on the Tecan's Freedom EVO® liquid handling technology, is designed to complement Waters® UPLC® Amino Acid Analysis and MassTrak™ Amino Acid Analysis Solutions. Combining the technologies enables scientists to streamline the analysis of amino acids - in protein hydrolysates, cell culture media and food/feed samples, or, urine/plasma samples (for clinical research use only).
"It's clear to us that by automating the derivatization protocols for amino acid analysis, we can save scientists much time and effort by mitigating the predominant source of sample error - the manual sample preparation process," said Mary Ellen Goffredo, Senior Director, Systems Product Marketing for the Waters Division. "In terms of overall productivity, the advantages of leveraging UPLC together with automated sample handling are very compelling, particularly for organizations that require the highest levels of laboratory-to-laboratory accuracy and consistency in results."
"Manually driven amino acid analysis can be laborious, error-prone and time-consuming. Since time is money, by combining our expertise in automated liquid handling with Waters' in separation sciences, we want our customers to be in the best position possible to reduce errors, lower costs, be more efficient and achieve their scientific and business goals", said Kevin Moore, Market Manager for Drug Discovery at Tecan.
Waters ACQUITY® UPLC technology combined with Waters AccQoTag™ Ultra derivatization and separation chemistry is proven technology for the accurate and precise qualitative and quantitative measurement of amino acids with exceptional resolution, sensitivity, and speed. Automating the front end sample derivatization process with Tecan technology promises to bring laboratories new levels of efficiency.
Waters, MassTrak, ACQUITY, AccQoTag and UPLC are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Tecan and Freedom EVO are trademarks of the Tecan Group Ltd.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation (www.waters.com) creates business advantage for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Tecan (www.tecan.com) is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics, and clinical diagnostics. The company specializes in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the life sciences sector. With its subsidiary REMP (www.remp.com), Tecan is the market leader in automated laboratory storage and logistics systems. Its clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments and diagnostic laboratories.
Founded in Switzerland in 1980, the company has manufacturing, research and development sites in both North America and Europe and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2008, Tecan generated sales of CHF 396 million (USD 366.7 million; EUR 250.7 million). Registered shares of Tecan Group are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (TK: TECN/Reuters: TECZn.S/Swiss security number: 1210019).
Brian J. Murphy
Tecan Group Ltd
T +41 44 922 81 11
F +41 44 922 81 12
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]