Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (9/3/10). "Press Release: Waters Corporation and UCLA to Convene Leading Life Scientists. Will Present Latest Research at Applications of Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry [plus Speakers and Presentations]". Milford, MA.
|Region||California (federal state)|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)|
|Group||University of California (System)|
|Product||Xevo® quadrupole time-of-flight (QTof) mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||time-of-flight mass spectrometry technology (TOF-MS)|
|Person||Smith, Brian (Waters 200901 VP Mass Spectrometry Operations)|
|Person 2||Trimpin, Sarah (Wayne State Univ 2008– Assistant Professor Analytical Chemsitry before Indiana Univ)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) and the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) will bring together some of the world's leading life science researchers and practitioners of mass spectrometry (MS) at a conference next month to discuss the ways they are applying time-of-flight mass spectrometry to complex biomolecule research and analysis. Waters today announced the agenda and presentation topics for the Applications of Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry Conference, which will held at The Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, from September 13-15.
"This meeting provides an excellent platform for review and discussion of the most current theories and applications in time-of-flight mass spectrometry," said Brian Smith, V.P. Mass Spectrometry Operations, Waters Division. "The conference will bring together leaders with specialties in areas such as proteomics, chemistry and pharmacology, all of whom are gathering to share ideas and advance research."
Meeting attendees and presenters hail from some of the most prestigious academic and industrial laboratories. Twenty-five presentations will be given on topics such as quantitative proteomics, drug discovery, probing protein conformation, protein complexes, metabolites, lipids and glycoproteins.
Waters scientists are presenting at the Applications of Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry Conference. Copies of their presentations will be available for downloading from the Waters website shortly after the meeting concludes.
* Practical and Theoretical Constraints upon System-wide Protein Quantification by LC-MS , James Langridge
* Characterization of Protein Therapeutics by Ion-mobility Time-of-flight Mass Spectrometry, Weibin Chen
* Use of OA Login and OA Toolkit for Walkup Open Access Accurate Mass LC/MS, John Van Antwerp
* Development of a Lipidomic Platform Based on a Hybrid Quadrupole Time-Of-Flight (QTof) Ion-Mobility Mass Spectrometer for Both Targeted And Non-targeted Analysis, John Shockcor
Waters benchtop and research-grade time-of-flight (Tof) and quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometers (QTof) - the Waters Xevo(R), Synapt(R) HDMS mass spectrometers, and LCT Premier(TM) - are state-of-the-art instruments known for their ability to elucidate the structure of biomolecules - be they individual proteins, protein complexes, protein metabolites, protein biomarkers. Their ability to make exact mass measurements - pinpointing a molecular ion's mass-to-charge ratio to four decimal places - makes Tof mass spectrometers a favorite for identifying unknown molecules and assigning them a structure.
Recent advances in technology are making Tof mass spectrometers more capable of quantifying proteins in samples enabling scientists to perform qualitative and quantitative experiments in a single analysis, something that was virtually impossible to do a few years ago.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, Xevo, LCT Premier and Synapt are trademarks of Waters Corporation
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]