Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (9/11/14). "Press Release: Waters Unveils Global Mass Spectrometry Headquarters in the UK's North West". Wilmslow.
|Country||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Organisation||Waters Mass Spectrometry HQ, Wilmslow, Cheshire|
|Product||Synapt™ MS system|
|Product 2||Xevo® benchtop mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Person||Smith, Brian (Waters 200901 VP Mass Spectrometry Operations)|
|Person 2||Tarmy, Jeff (Waters 201005)|
The Right Honourable George Osborne MP joins Waters CEO Doug Berthiaume to mark the official opening of the Waters Mass Spectrometry Headquarters in Wilmslow
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today celebrated the official opening of its new, custom-built mass spectrometry headquarters in Wilmslow, UK, confirming the company's commitment to innovation and the expanded usage of mass spectrometry.
The facility has been designed and equipped to accelerate innovation in the field of mass spectrometry - a sophisticated analytical laboratory technology that is entrenched in our everyday lives. The technology enables scientists to analyze tiny quantities of substances and chemical components, often within complex mixtures, to find out what they are composed of at the molecular level. The technique applies to a spectrum of fields and has a huge impact on our quality of life, safeguarding our food and water supplies, protecting the environment and advancing healthcare.
Brian Smith, Vice President of Mass Spectrometry Operations at Waters® commented: "Our new Waters Mass Spectrometry Headquarters in Wilmslow marks our continued investment in the region and dedication to the North West. The new facility has been specially designed to enhance collaboration and drive innovation, building on the research and scores of patents that we have already accomplished in the field, right at the heart of where mass spectrometry first began, here in Manchester."
The Right Honourable George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer commented on the new facility: "I am delighted to open the new Waters Corporation offices in Wilmslow, after I helped perform the ground-breaking back in June 2012. It is a fantastic site that provides many excellent local jobs and I wish them every success here in the future."
The new site is the latest in a network of specialist technology and engineering firms in the North West that continue to lead the field of mass spectrometry. The region's rich history started with John Dalton's Atomic Theory in the early 1800's, which laid the foundations for mass spectrometry to develop. The North West is now seen as a global research and development hub for the specialist technique, with innovations here making their way into laboratories around the world.
The new headquarters, which took less than two years to construct from ground-breaking to completion, brings together Waters' existing mass spectrometry centres in the region consisting of more than 500 employees. The 2313m² building includes state of the art customer demonstration laboratories, research and development capabilities and an expanded manufacturing capacity. The site was constructed to the 'Very Good' BREEAM rating, with sustainability elements built throughout, including rain water harvesting tanks, solar panels and heat recovery systems. What's more unusual is that the site also is home to a number of Pipistrelle bats. The bats were found during the initial site survey, and now enjoy a newly built bat house onsite as part of Waters commitment to sustaining the local area.
Waters' mass spectrometry technologies have advanced significantly over the past few years, especially with the introduction of a new range of more advanced instruments, such as the SYNAPT® and Xevo® ranges of mass spectrometers.
For further information, visit: www.waters.com/wilmslow
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality, consumer products and high-value added chemicals worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.9 billion in 2013, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, SYNAPT and Xevo are registered trademarks of the Waters Corporation.
Jeff Tarmy, +1 508-482-2268
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]