Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (4/14/15). "Press Release: Waters UPLC I-Class/Xevo TQ-S System Approved for In Vitro Diagnostic Use in China". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||CFDA (Chinese Food and Drug Administration)|
|Product||ACQUITY UPLC® I-Class IVD/Xevo® TQ-S IVD System|
|Product 2||clinical mass spectrometry-based test|
|Person||Mazzeo, Jeff (Waters 201005 Director Biopharma Business Operations)|
|Person 2||Tarmy, Jeff (Waters 201005)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today announced that the Chinese Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) approved the Waters® ACQUITY UPLC® I- Class IVD/Xevo® TQ-S IVD System for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use in China. The system was approved for clinical analysis of a variety of compounds that include diagnostic indicators and compounds for treatment monitoring.
"The practice of medicine is changing from a reactive approach to treating disease, to one that is more proactive and preventive," said Jeff Mazzeo, Senior Director, Health Sciences for Waters Division. "To facilitate this transition, better diagnostic and predictive tools are needed so that disease can be detected earlier or even prevented. That is where Waters technologies like the ACQUITY® TQD System and ACQUITY UPLC I-Class IVD/Xevo TQ-S IVD systems, approved for IVD use by the CFDA in 2014 and 2015, respectively, can make a significant impact."
Using LC-MS technology, clinical laboratories perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of patients' samples to aid clinicians in many ways. These tests may be used to confirm a clinical suspicion (including making a diagnosis); assist in the selection, optimization and monitoring of treatment; provide a prognosis; screen for disease in the absence of clinical signs or symptoms; and establish and monitor the severity of physiological disturbance. Liquid chromatography separates analytes and interferents within a given sample, while mass spectrometry technology is used for detection and confirmation of those analytes.
The recently CFDA approved ACQUITY UPLC I-Class IVD/Xevo TQ-S IVD System features Waters' UltraPerformance LC® technology coupled with a tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer designed for the most demanding UPLC-MS/MS quantitative analysis. This system uses StepWave™, a breakthrough off-axis ion source technology, and RADAR™, an information rich acquisition method, enabling the system with sensitivity and robustness.
For more information, please visit Waters' Clinical application page.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has been enabling significant progress in the fields of healthcare, environmental management, food safety, and global water quality monitoring by providing practical and sustainable innovations, thus creating business advantages for laboratory-associated organizations.
As a pioneer in separation science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis technology, Waters has created a sustainable platform with its technical breakthroughs and laboratory solutions for the success of its clients.
Waters achieved revenues of $ 1.99 billion in 2014, and it will continue to lead its clients to explore science and achieve excellence.
Waters, ACQUITY, ACQUITY UPLC, UPLC, XEVO, StepWave and RADAR are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Jeff Tarmy, 508-482-2268
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]