Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (8/15/16). "Press Release: Vicam’s Afla-V AQUA Strip Test Receives USDA-GIPSA Certification for the Quantitative Analysis of Aflatoxins". Milford, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Vicam (a Waters Business)|
|Organisation 2||Department of Agriculture (USDA) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||Afla-V® AQUA™ test|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Radlo-Zandi, Marjorie (Waters 201304 General Manager, Director of Operations of Vicam)|
|Person 2||Orlando, Chris (Waters 201301 Puplic Relations Manager)|
Eco-Friendly Aflatoxin Detection Method is Now Verified by the United States Official Grain Inspection System
Waters Corporation (WAT: NYSE) today announced VICAM®, a Waters® Business, received USDA-GIPSA (Grain Inspection, Packers & Stockyards Administration) certification for its Afla-V® AQUA™ strip test for the quantitative analysis of total aflatoxins in grains.
“Aflatoxin detection is critical to global food cultivation and trade. USDA-GIPSA approval provides official verification of method performance, giving our customers even greater confidence in their aflatoxin testing data,” said Marjorie Radlo-Zandi, Managing Director, VICAM. “In addition, the Afla-V® AQUA™ strip test is an eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to traditional solvent based methods – improving safety and reducing the overall costs of aflatoxin testing.”
The Afla-V® AQUA™ strip test provides fully quantitative data for the determination of total aflatoxins. Results are displayed on the digital screen in just five minutes (following extraction and sample preparation) with a range of 5-300 parts per billion for total aflatoxins, and was designed to be used virtually anywhere, requiring little to no training or expertise.
Traditional methods for the detection of aflatoxins have required the use of methanol, ethanol and other solvents for the extraction step, costly chemicals which require specialized and often costly shipping, handling and storage facilities. The Afla-V® AQUA™ strip test replaces chemical solvents with a water-based extraction solution which is both environmentally friendly and safe for use in the field, process or laboratory environment.
Aflatoxins are naturally occurring chemical byproducts of mold species, which are natural inhabitants of crop soils. Severe rain and drought can encourage aflatoxin production, and once released, aflatoxin and other mycotoxins are difficult to manage and nearly impossible to destroy. Aflatoxin B1 is classified as a Group I carcinogen and is highly toxic even at very low concentrations. The USDA, FDA, EU, and other international government agencies impose specific regulations and guidelines for acceptable levels of mycotoxins. Producers and exporters use on-site and laboratory testing to ensure regulatory compliance and to protect human and animal health from illnesses associated with mycotoxins, including cancer and feed refusal in animals.
About VICAM, A Waters Business (VICAM.com)
VICAM is a world-leading provider of mycotoxin testing solutions. Since 1985, VICAM has been dedicated to developing USDA- and AOAC-approved rapid tests for mycotoxins. VICAM’s mycotoxin test kits offer a choice of rapid qualitative screening and quantitative test methods for a wide variety of mycotoxins. Around the world, VICAM products are used with confidence by customers who trust our commitment to extending the value of those products with unmatched service and support. We guarantee satisfaction with expert technical assistance and top-of-the-line customer care through a global scientific and distribution network that develops, markets, sells, and services our products in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.vicam.com or call +1.508.482.4935.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis systems.
Chris Orlando, 508-482-2623
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-09-18
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]