Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test".
|Organisation 2||Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota|
|Product 2||health insurance|
Biodesix’ blood-based molecular diagnostic test with 72-hour results now a covered benefit for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
VeriStrat®, Biodesix®’ proteomic blood test for patients with advanced NSCLC, has received a positive coverage decision from Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota. The mutual insurance provider has about 2.1 million commercial members and is the largest provider of health insurance in both states. With this new coverage decision, approximately 210 million Americans now have insurance coverage for VeriStrat.
In their policy, Wellmark BCBS said, “The use of proteomic testing, including but not limited to the VeriStrat assay, is considered medically necessary in the management of non-small-cell lung cancer only when EGFR status is wild-type (no mutation detected).” The coverage for VeriStrat was included in the medical policy “Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Testing” and was effective as of June, 2016.
VeriStrat provides physicians with prognostic and predictive information to guide treatment of advanced NSCLC. Assessing the patient’s VeriStrat status prior to making treatment decisions enables physicians to avoid ineffective therapy options and to better understand the aggressiveness of the patient’s overall disease.
Wellmark BCBS’ policy can be found online at: http://www.wellmark.com/Provider/MedpoliciesAndAuthorizations/MedicalPolicies/policies/EGFR_epidermal_growth_factor_receptor.aspx
VeriStrat and Biodesix are registered trademarks of Biodesix, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative blood tests in oncology to enable precision medicine. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein and genomic diagnostic blood tests, including the GeneStrat™ and VeriStrat® tests, that deliver results within 72 hours. The company is changing the standard of care by providing physicians with diagnostic tests for better therapeutic guidance, more accurate prognosis and enhanced disease monitoring to improve patient outcomes. At the forefront of precision medicine, Biodesix is developing new blood tests to identify patients who may benefit from immunotherapies. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics for use with therapeutic agents.
Record changed: 2016-10-12
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (4/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix to Present Data from Three Studies Indicating the Utility of Blood-Based Diagnostic Tests at AACR Annual Meeting"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]