Document › Details
John Wiley & Sons. (7/26/16). "Press Release: Wiley Announces Launch of Wiley Spectra Lab, Giving Researchers Access to Largest Collection of Reference Spectra in the World".
|Organisation||John Wiley & Sons Ltd.|
|Organisation 2||Bio-Rad (Group)|
|Product||Wiley Spectra Lab|
|Index term||Wiley–Bio-Rad: spectral libraries, 201612 collab product integration launch of Wiley Spectral Lab powered by Bio-Rad’s KnowItAll|
|Person||Whitley, Graeme (Wiley 201607 Director New Business Development)|
Wiley today announced the launch of Wiley Spectra Lab, a new and flexible expert spectral data system that uses empirical data and advanced software to help chemists, toxicologists, and life scientists confidently identify chemical substances. Wiley Spectra Lab provides access to these data in a convenient, secure cloud environment.
Powered by KnowItAll® by Bio-Rad, the online, subscription-based spectral library provides researchers with access to over 2.2 million reference spectra - the largest collection in the world, to enable them to reliably identify unknowns and confirm known compounds.
Wiley Spectra Lab features collections from Wiley, Bio-Rad Sadtler and other leading sources. Searches can be completely customized to focus on the appropriate technique and analyte across 2.2 million NMR (C, H, X), mass spectra, infrared (IR), UV-Vis, and near-IR spectra.
Over 200 spectral collections assure the broadest and most in-depth coverage in areas including flavors and fragrances, geochemicals, metabolites, poisons, food additives, organometallics, hydrocarbons, and hazardous materials. Researchers are able to access compounds within specific application areas such as material sciences, pharmaceuticals, forensics, paints, pigments and dyes. Further releases will include a powerful desktop client and locally hosted server.
“The Wiley team developed Wiley Spectra Lab in collaboration with Bio-Rad. By combining each organization’s strengths, we brought a comprehensive solution to researchers within a short development cycle,” said Graeme Whitley, Director of New Business Development, “We’re now looking to replicate this collaboration model with other partners ranging from contract research organizations to academic institutes seeking to provide researchers with access to new technologies quickly and efficiently.”
For further information visit wileyspectralab.com
Wiley is a global provider of knowledge and knowledge-enabled services that improve outcomes in areas of research, professional practice and education. Through the Research segment, the Company provides digital and print scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, reference works, books, database services, and advertising. The Professional Development segment provides digital and print books, online assessment and training services, and test prep and certification. In Education, Wiley provides education solutions including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students, as well as print and digital content. The Company's website can be accessed at www.wiley.com.
Record changed: 2016-12-07
More documents for Wiley (Group)
-  John Wiley & Sons. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Wiley Launches New Spectra Lab Applications to Help Scientists Manage Analytical Data"....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/18/16). "Press Release: Structure Elucidation Software Review in Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry. A New Tutorial for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. (1/15/13). "Press Release: Wiley Acquires Assets of FIZ Chemie Berlin. Extended and Integrated Portfolio Will Support Development of New Services for Chemists". Hoboken, NJ....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (5/20/12). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Expands Collection of Available Wiley MS Databases". Vancouver, BC....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (3/30/12). "Press Release: Announcing the Wiley Registry of Tandem MS Data, MSforID". Hoboken, NJ....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (12/21/11). "Press Release: Journal of Mass Spectrometry Appoints Marcos Eberlin as Associate Editor"....
-  Oberacher, Herbert. (10/14/11). Web Site. MSforID. [http://www.msforid.com, 10/14/11]...
-  John Wiley & Sons. (6/14/11). "Press Release: Wiley Launches Compound Search"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA"....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (7/20/10). "Press Release: RCM Beynon Prize Award, 2010"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]