Document › Details
John Wiley & Sons. (3/30/12). "Press Release: Announcing the Wiley Registry of Tandem MS Data, MSforID". Hoboken, NJ.
John Wiley & Sons has announced the launch of a high mass accuracy ESI MSMS Library, the Wiley Registry® of Tandem MS Data, MSforID.
Wiley Registry® of Tandem MS Data, MSforID (ISBN: 978-1-1180-3744-7) is available on DVD in multiple formats and comes bundled with the MSforID algorithm.
Each compound contained in the database has been carefully measured by an expert team assembled at the Institute of Legal Medicine of the Innsbruck Medical University. These measurements were conducted under stringently controlled conditions to ensure accurate, reliable, and reproducible search results for all researchers using the database.
The database's specificity is typically more than 95%, with sensitivity exceeding 92%. It also demonstrates excellent transferability to a diverse range of tandem mass spectrometric instruments, making it easy to install and use in any analytical chemistry laboratory. Moreover, the Wiley Registry of Tandem Mass Spectral Data: MS for ID comes bundled with an exceptionally accurate search algorithm developed specifically for LC-MSMS, with search speeds above 17 library searches per second.
Wiley Registry® of Tandem MS Data, MSforID supports a broad range of critical applications in such fields as toxicology, food safety, industrial R&D, quality assurance, environmental safety, and pharmaceutical anti-counterfeiting. Researchers can verify whether the database covers a compound of interest at Compound Search.
About the Author
Dr. Herbert Oberacher is an Analytical Chemist at the Institute of Legal Medicine of the Innsbruck Medical University. His research focuses on the development of techniques to analyze bioorganic molecules, with an emphasis on nucleic acids and small molecules. Dr. Oberacher has received several awards, including the Fachgruppenpreis der Fachgruppe Analytische Chemie of the German Chemical Society, Adolf Martens Award, Austrian Life Science Award, and the Mattauch Herzog Award of the German Society for Mass Spectrometry. He holds three patents.
Wiley Registry® of Tandem MS Data, MSforID has been tested and optimized to run on the current versions of NIST MS Search, ACD/Labs MS Manager, and SmileMS. A simple web screen guides users through the quick installation.
More information is available at www.wiley.com/go/databases. Inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> H. Oberacher, S. Dresen, W. Weinmann. Quality Evaluation of Tandem Mass Spectral Libraries. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 400 (2011), 2641-2648.
> B. Beer, B. Schubert, A. Oberguggenberger, V. Meraner, M. Hubalek, H. Oberacher. Development and Validation of a Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method for the Simultaneous Quantification of Tamoxifen, Anastrozole and Letrozole in Human Plasma and its Application to a Clinical Study. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 398 (2010), 1791-1800.
> M. Pavlic, B. Schubert, K. Libiseller, H. Oberacher. On the Inter-instrument and the Inter-laboratory Transferability of a Tandem Mass Spectral Reference Library. 2. Optimization and Characterisation of the Search Algorithm. Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 44 (2009), 494-502.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Wiley (Group)
-  John Wiley & Sons. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Wiley Launches New Spectra Lab Applications to Help Scientists Manage Analytical Data"....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/18/16). "Press Release: Structure Elucidation Software Review in Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry. A New Tutorial for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (7/26/16). "Press Release: Wiley Announces Launch of Wiley Spectra Lab, Giving Researchers Access to Largest Collection of Reference Spectra in the World"....
-  John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. (1/15/13). "Press Release: Wiley Acquires Assets of FIZ Chemie Berlin. Extended and Integrated Portfolio Will Support Development of New Services for Chemists". Hoboken, NJ....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (5/20/12). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Expands Collection of Available Wiley MS Databases". Vancouver, BC....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (12/21/11). "Press Release: Journal of Mass Spectrometry Appoints Marcos Eberlin as Associate Editor"....
-  Oberacher, Herbert. (10/14/11). Web Site. MSforID. [http://www.msforid.com, 10/14/11]...
-  John Wiley & Sons. (6/14/11). "Press Release: Wiley Launches Compound Search"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA"....
-  John Wiley & Sons. (7/20/10). "Press Release: RCM Beynon Prize Award, 2010"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]