Document › Details
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA".
|Organisation||Geneva Bioinformatics S.A. (GeneBio)|
|Organisation 2||John Wiley & Sons Inc. (NYSE: JWa, NYSE: JWb)|
|Product 2||Wiley Registry of Mass Spectral Data|
|Index term||Wiley–GeneBio: SmileMS software, 201105– collab ww non-excl co-distribution of SmileMS with LC-MS/MS libraries|
|Person||Noyes, Catherine (GeneBio 201008 Marketing Manager)|
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. have announced a global nonexclusive distribution agreement with GeneBio SA, the Geneva, Switzerland-based developer of SmileMS (Small Molecule Identification and Library Exploration Using LC-MS/MS). As part of this agreement, Wiley will sell and distribute SmileMS alongside forthcoming LC-MS/MS (liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry) libraries serving the bio-analytical laboratory market. Wiley's global team of representatives will provide both technical and customer support for Wiley's SmileMS customers throughout the world.
SmileMS represents the next generation of software for rapid screening of large sets of small molecules, employing a new algorithm developed specifically for LC-MS/MS that has proved to be remarkably fast and reliable. SmileMS has the capability to process a wide range of data, including high mass accuracy MS and MS/MS data from a variety of mass spectrometry manufacturers. SmileMS enables fast, routine analysis of results and allows for in-depth analysis, where appropriate. SmileMS can be used in any setting where rapid small-molecule analysis occurs - ranging from food testing, pharmaceutical research, environmental testing, and biomedical research.
SmileMS features an intuitive, easy-to-navigate user interface that facilitates the quick identification of both targeted and untargeted small molecules. Results are delivered in aggregated lists of identified analytes, which are supported by chromatogram and annotated spectra. The software's two-step workflow makes it particularly helpful for technicians.
Researchers can turn to SmileMS to support their analytical investigations in clinical and forensic toxicology, food testing, laboratory medicine, environmental science, pharmaceutics, and metabolomics. They can simultaneously search across multiple LC-MS/MS libraries, including libraries from NIST, AB SCIEX, and Wiley as well as custom-developed libraries. The software is compatible with LC-MS/MS instruments from major vendors, such as AB SCIEX, Agilent, Bruker, Thermo, and Waters. These LC-MS/MS libraries and software complement Wiley's mass spectral libraries serving the GC/MS instrumentation market, including the Wiley Registry of Mass Spectral Data and the Mass Spectra of Designer Drugs 2011.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Since 1901, Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 450 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology/Medicine, Physics, Chemistry and Peace.
Wiley's core businesses include scientific, technical, medical and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade publishes books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and websites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company's Web site can be accessed at www.wiley.com. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.
GeneBio Media Contact:
Marketing Manager, GeneBio
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for GeneBio (Group)
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/11). "Press Release: SIB and GeneBio Launch neXtProt – Human Proteins Knowledge Platform"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (6/9/11). Web Site: Our Partners. [http://www.genebio.com, 06/09/11]...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (2/8/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and GeneBio Team Up to Improve Interactive Library Searching for Mass Spectrometry". Foster City, CA & Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (1/13/11). "Press Release: neXtProt. Product Release Announcement". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/29/10). "Press Release: BBGes Developing Accurate Mass LC-MSMS Spectra Library of Drugs with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/24/10). "Press Release: Prof. Hans H. Maurer Annotating New LC-MS Library of Drugs, Poisons and Their Metabolites with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/11/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: HUG Choose SmileMS for Emergency Clinical Toxicology Screening". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/21/10). "Press Release: GeneBio, CURML-UTCF Collaborate to Enhance SmileMS for Forensic Technology". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (10/28/08). "Press Release: GeneBio and Proxeon Sign Agreement for Phenyx and ProteinCenter". Geneva & Odense....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]