Document › Details
AB Sciex. (9/28/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex QTRAP Technology Assists Yale Researchers to Engineer a Phosphoprotein. Synthetic Biology-based Approach Successfully Re-engineers Protein-making Mechanisms in Bacteria". Framingham, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Yale University|
|Product||AB Sciex QTRAP® 5500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||synthetic biotechnology|
|Index term||Yale Univ–Danaher: mass spectrometer, 201109 supply use of AB Sciex QTRAP 5500 LC/LC/MS system for phosphoproteomics|
|Person||Blair, Rainer M. (Danaher 201403– VP + Head Life Sciences Business before President AB Sciex + Videojet + MAPEI + BASF)|
|Person 2||Petrucci, Anthony (Philanthropy 201404– Director Communications before Danaher 20101–201404 Director Global PR)|
Synthetic biology-based approach successfully re-engineers protein-making mechanisms in bacteria; documented in paper published in the journal Science
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced that Yale University researchers used QTRAP technology to prove the validity of a new approach to synthesize phosphoproteins. This breakthrough approach is expected to revolutionize the study of a wide variety of diseases. Details of the Yale researchers' successful re-engineering of the protein-making mechanisms in bacteria were published in a paper in the August 26th issue of the journal Science.
To support their project to expand the genetic code of E.coli by synthesizing phosphoproteins that can emulate natural or diseased states, the Yale researchers required analytical capabilities that accurately detect and confirm protein identification and sequencing. They needed the ability to build a custom assay to identify a single phosphopeptide in a complex mixture. By using the AB SCIEX QTRAP 5500 LC/MS/MS System, these researchers were able to get significantly more information with familiar quantitative techniques to verify what they had done; streamline their workflow by combining qualitative and quantitative analysis; and validate Yale's advancement in synthetic biology.
"This breakthrough provides another order of magnitude of being able to understand biological processes and access new paths to drug discovery using mass spectrometry," said Jesse Rinehart, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Cellular & Molecular Physiology and Systems Biology Institute, Yale University. "Assisting us in our research, the AB SCIEX QTRAP 5500 System consistently delivers superior performance and high sensitivity to help improve phosphoproteomics. The QTRAP system is in an elite class."
This team of Yale researchers plans to continue using the QTRAP 5500 System to build a large series of MRM (multiple reaction monitoring) methods. Every time these researchers synthesize a phosphopeptide, they will use this AB SCIEX system exclusively to validate it, making it the research team's one-stop validation system for phosphoprotein synthesis.
Yale's advancement in synthetic biology represents a new way to influence the behavior of proteins, essentially turning these basic building blocks of biological functions on and off. Next, the Yale team plans to create proteins known to be linked to cancer, type 2 diabetes and hypertension.
"We equip scientists with powerful analytical tools that are game-changers in how science can be conducted," said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. "To be able to synthesize real biology is an incredible achievement by Dr. Dieter Soll and Dr. Jesse Rinehart, along with their team at Yale. The fact that they standardized on our technology shows the power of QTRAP technology. We strive to evolve mass spectrometry technology to answer more difficult biological questions and continuously demonstrate why we are a trusted partner with scientists."
Link to the published paper in Science
AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ABSciex.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]