Organisation › Details
We are a global, broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health. Our products span the continuum of care, from nutritional products and laboratory diagnostics through medical devices and pharmaceutical therapies. Our comprehensive line of products encircles life itself - addressing important health needs from infancy to the golden years.
Throughout our 100+ year history, Abbott people have been driven by a constant goal: to advance medical science to help people live healthier lives. It's part of our heritage. And, it continues to drive our work. Today, 65,000 Abbott employees around the world share the passion for " Turning Science Into Caring." It's a commitment to focusing on what matters most: life and the potential it holds when we are feeling our best.
Abbott has sales, manufacturing, research and development, and distribution facilities around the world, close to where our customers need us to be. We are recognized for our global reach and our ability to serve our customers around the world.
Abbott prides itself on being recognized as a good place to work because we strive to provide an environment that enables employees to succeed. We have received numerous local, national and international distinctions for our commitment to workplace excellence. Our programs range from award-winning health care benefits to a variety of convenience and wellness services and long-term retirement benefits.
Our commitment to improving life extends to humanitarian causes. We recognize that as a leading provider of innovative health care products, we have a unique responsibility and opportunity to ensure people have access to them - whether they are among the poor and underprivileged or are victims of natural disasters. We're determined to do our part through creative and varied social programs. *
|Region||Abbott Park, IL|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Street||100 Abbott Park Road|
|City||60064-3500 Abbott Park, IL|
|Address record changed: 2012-09-10|
|Basic data||Employees||I: 50,001 to 100,0 (2006-07-21)|
|»About Section« taken from web site of organisation on 01.11.2006|
Record changed: 2013-05-28
More documents for Abbott (Group)
-  Abbott Laboratories Inc.. (3/2/12). "Press Release: Abbott’s Starlims Business Acquires Distribution Partners to Build International Presence". Abbott Park, IL....
-  Schmidt, Jochen. (8/17/11). "Information by E-Mail: Jochen Schmidt". Hannover....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (5/21/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer and Abbott to Present on Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry for Pathogen Detection Research at ASMS 2010". Waltham, MA & Abbott Park, IL....
-  Abbott Laboratories Inc.. (3/22/10). "Press Release: Abbott Completes Acquisition of STARLIMS Technologies". Abbott Park, IL....
-  Abbott Laboratories Inc.. (12/14/09). "Press Release: Abbott to Acquire STARLIMS Technologies Ltd., a Leader in Laboratory Information Management Systems". Abbott Park, IL & Hollywood, FL....
-  Abbott. (7/21/09). "Press Release: Abbott Introduces Molecular Diagnostic System Intended for Broad Identification of Infectious Agents". Chicago....
-  Waters Corporation. (7/20/09). "Press Release: Waters Appoints Dr. Mark Bruns to Direct Clinical Business Operations. Industry Veteran to Lead Waters Efforts to Serve the Needs of Toxicology, Forensics, and Clinical Laboratories". Chicago, IL....
-  STARLIMS Technologies Ltd.. (2/20/08). "Press Release: STARLIMS Introduces SDMS Functionalities at PITTCON 2008. Single Web-based Platform Integrating LIMS and SDMS". Hollywood, FL....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]