Person › Details
Paul Abu-Rabie (GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Ltd. (GSK))
Abu-Rabie, Paul (GSK 201010 Principal Scientist Bioanalytical Science & Development GSK R&D UK)
|Product||drug development technology|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry services (MS services)|
AB Sciex. (9/30/10). "Press Release: Leading Researchers to Present Scientific Advancements at First European Conference on Mass Spectrometry Hosted by AB Sciex". Amsterdam.
Research highlights from over 45 scientists from 13 countries, and multi-vendor instrument exhibition
Results of new approaches to drug metabolism studies and Vitamin D analysis, the latest biomarker research, novel strategies for food contaminant testing and improved screening for environmental toxicity are among the mass spectrometry-based applications that will be presented at the first AB SCIEX European Conference on MS/MS. Hosted by a global leader in mass spectrometry, this scientific conference will be held in the Netherlands, 6-7 October.
More than 45 leading scientists from across Europe will share results and best practices from their research to advance life science. The conference is focused on the scientific community using mass spectrometry, a technique that continues to rapidly gain acceptance across mainstream life science for a variety of challenging applications in food safety, environmental contamination, drug discovery and clinical research.
Gisbert Schaefer, Sr. Director, AB SCIEX EMEA “We are proud to be sponsoring this important open forum where the European scientific community can share ideas, data and insight into ways to further advance science through mass spectrometry. We recognize the importance of fostering cross-discipline communication between scientists and recognize the impact that the sharing of best practices can have on driving innovation and scientific discovery.”
Topics & Speakers
Among the many topics and more than 45 speakers who will present at this conference are:
– Direct quantitative bioanalysis of drugs in dried blood spot samples – Speaker Paul Abu-Rabie, principle scientist, Bioanalytical Science and Development, GlaxoSmithKline R&D, UK
– Biomarker research advancements – Speaker: Ruedi Aebersold, Ph.D, a pioneer in the field of proteomics, ETH Zurich Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, a pioneer in the field of proteomics
– Hormone assays and tumor markers – Speaker: Jaak Billen, MD, chemical pathologist in the Department of Laboratory Medicine at the University Hospital of Leuven in Belgium
– Challenges in analysis of perfluorinated organic food contaminants – Speaker: Jana Hajslova, Ph.D, Department of Food Chemistry and Analysis, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague (CZ)
– Determination of fungal and bacterial metabolites in plants, foods and indoor environment – Speaker: Rudolf Krska, Ph.D, Center for Analytical Chemistry, Department of Agrobiotechnology, BOKU-University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna
The scientific program will include plenary lectures, oral and poster presentations. Throughout the conference, the exhibition will showcase the latest research and scientific developments of a wide variety of life science companies. Key highlights of the meeting program will include:
Wednesday, October 6
– Satellite workshops & short courses on technology, software and applications
– Plenary scientific session with prominent keynote speakers
– Exhibition and scientific poster session
– Conference dinner
Thursday, October 7
– Full-day parallel scientific sessions in the area of food testing, environmental analysis, toxicology, clinical research, drug discovery and development, pharmaceutical sciences, biomarker research and a multidisciplinary session dedicated to recent advances in MS/MS technologies
– Exhibition and scientific poster session
The location of the conference will be the NH Leeuwenhorst in Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands, conveniently located in the vicinity of Schiphol Amsterdam Airport. Registration for one or both days of the conference is required.
Click here for the conference agenda.
NOTE TO EDITORS
Scientific editors / journalists can register for free to attend the special “Media Track” of this European conference on mass spectrometry. Please contact Anthony Petrucci at email@example.com
AB SCIEX in Europe
AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license. c 2010. AB SCIEX.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Record changed: 2015-08-18
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]