Product › Details
CESI 8000 with OptiMS Technology
|Next higher product group||electrospray ionisation technology (ESI technology)|
|Status||2011-06-02 sales start|
|Organisation||Beckman Coulter Inc.|
Beckman Coulter, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: High-performance Separation and ESI Module from Beckman Coulter Expands the Reach of Mass Spectrometry. Ultra-low Flow Range Reduces Ion Suppression and Increases MS Assay Sensitivity". Orange County, CA.
The CESI 8000 High-Performance Separation-ESI Module with OptiMS Technology from Beckman Coulter, Inc. consists of the first commercial CESI sprayer combined with new capillary electrophoresis instrumentation specifically designed for mass spectrometry (MS). This gives researchers a robust, high-sensitivity interface of capillary electrophoresis (CE) with MS, while providing a broad range of analyte coverage complementary to LC-MS and GC-MS.
OptiMS Technology integrates an intrinsically low flow CE separation (as low as 10 nL/min.) with electrospray ionization (ESI) in a single, dynamic process that takes place within a capillary. The new process is referred to as CESI, reflecting the combination. To achieve CESI, the distal end of the capillary is porous to ion flow, allowing the electrophoresis circuit to be bridged and ESI to be initiated within the same device.
CESI-MS is capable of generating separations of peptides with a high peak capacity (>320), allowing the analysis of very complex samples at the proteome level. The ultra-low flow rates used by CE effectively reduce ion suppression and make it possible to detect post-translational modifications (PTMs) like phosphorylation and sialylation, which typically hamper efficient ionization. High-separation efficiency and sensitivity permit the detection of peptides present in low abundance at concentrations in the picoMolar range. The selectivity of CE in front-end separation further enables the characterization of intact proteins, their isoforms, cleaved fragments and complexes.
CESI 8000 with OptiMS Technology from Beckman Coulter also provides fast and efficient separations of drugs, drug metabolites, organic acids, amino acids, low molecular weight amines, peptides, nucleic acids and nucleosides. Molecules often missed or altogether undetectable by technologies like reversed phase LC-MS, now become visible with CESI 8000.
"The CESI 8000 was developed in collaboration with mass spectrometry researchers who work in a variety of applications and who sought to expand the range of analytes detected while improving overall assay sensitivity," noted Jeff Chapman, director of Beckman Coulter Discovery Products. "The result is a front-end separation system that generates data complementary to HPLC and provides scientists with important, previously unavailable information."
Easy switching between LC-ESI-MS and CESI-MS allows the addition of CESI to existing workflows. The CESI 8000 is installed on a height-adjustable, gear-driven portable lab bench so it can be rapidly set to the proper height of a mass spectrometer. Plug-and-spray adapters are available for top brand nanosources.
About Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter, Inc., based in Orange County, Calif., develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical tests. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in laboratories around the world, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Recurring revenue, consisting of consumable supplies (including reagent test kits), service and operating-type lease payments, represents about 80 percent of the company's 2010 revenue of $3.7 billion. For more information, visit www.beckmancoulter.com.
For Laboratory Use Only; not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Beckman Coulter and the stylized logo are trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc. and are registered in the USPTO.
Record changed: 2016-01-04
More documents for electrospray ionisation technology (ESI technology)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/8/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Empowers Traditional Mass Spectrometry with the Launch of ZipChip". Boston, MA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/9/15). "Press Release: Sciex Launches the CESI 8000 Plus, a High Performance CESI-MS Platform that delivers High Resolution and Ionization Efficiency". Framingham, MA....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (12/1/14). "Press Release: LESA Technology to be Studied in Real-time Surgical Guidance". Ithaca, NY....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (10/2/14). "Press Release: Protea Biosciences and InSphero AG Successful in Mass Spectrometry Imaging of 3D Microtissues". Morgantown, WV & Schlieren....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (9/24/14). "Press Release: USDA Acquires Protea’s LAESI Technology Platform. New Direct Molecular Analysis Technology to Be Used in Agricultural Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (7/9/14). "Press Release: Protea Biosciences and InSphero AG Enter Into Collaboration and Co-Marketing Agreement to Combine 3D Technologies". Morgantown, WV & Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]